Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #1

Where is fresh water tank drain?

2019 2401R. I found one line behind panel on DS where the pump is that turns down and goes through floor with a valve on it, but it looked more like a line drain.
I prefer to store them empty, than I have a hose fitting with a gallon read out on it, so I know how many gallons I put in the tank. Right now it reads 3/4 full. I want to empty it and cross the scales again.

Also It came with a tool to remove a water filter, but I have no idea where this filter is .

Thanks ahead of time.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
I found one line behind panel on DS where the pump is that turns down and goes through floor with a valve on it, but it looked more like a line drain.

Also It came with a tool to remove a water filter, but I have no idea where this filter is
The line with a valve that goes through the floor is the fresh water tank drain line. Don't hold your breath, though - it's just a gravity drain and takes ... well ... more or less forever. And I'm not sure how empty the tank really is once it stops dripping.

Unless they've moved it, the water filter is under the forward end of the rear bed. On mine, there are three small doors that open onto small spaces and the filter is behind the door on the street (driver's) side.

Dave
Old 09-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #3

Yes it does look like the line comes from tank, Hits T with 1 side of T going to pump, and other to this valve. Turn valve on and nothing comes out. Tanks reads 1/2 full.
tomorrow I will try to blow out line, or maybe tank gauges are wired wrong.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #4

I got under coach lnstalling the sumo springs and yes they spray foamed the drain shut. Also looks like I am headed out for more spray foam for the holes they should have filled
Old 09-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #5

I have a 2018 2401. On mine, the fresh water drain is under a cover on the bottom near the rear bumper. There is a 3" white screw plate you unscrew and find a 1/4 turn valve on the drain line. There are also two low point drain lines in this opening, but I had to really fish around to find them.

As far as the water filter, ours is in the bath under the sink and a circular wrench came with the coach to unscrew it.

There is also a winterizing valve at the base of the shower and a cover plate to access a hose used to pump the winterizing fluid through the lines using the house pump.

All in all, not too difficult wo drain and winterize. Remember to bypass the water heater and drain it as well.

John C
JOhn_R_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank