Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Where is slide out reset box on sunseeker Mercedes chassis

Trying to find the reset box for the slide. We have looked everywhere. Dealer said it would not be on the moving part of slide
__________________

sunseeker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 16,217
It would probably help if you posted year/make/model of RV, since the location varies.

It's not listed in your profile.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
It would probably help if you posted year/make/model of RV, since the location varies.

It's not listed in your profile.


Sorry, it is a 2018 Sunseeker on a Mercedes chassis, class C, model 2400w. Just frustrated as we were suppose to have left on vacation and we can not go.
sunseeker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 16,217
Which model Sunseeker is it?

Sounds like you have a Schwintek slideout.
Someone who owns the same model would be the best help.

Didn't your dealer show you where the box is and how to reset it, during the walkthrough?
Our dealer did.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
namusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker56 View Post
Trying to find the reset box for the slide. We have looked everywhere. Dealer said it would not be on the moving part of slide
The slide controller is located in the large driver's side compartment. Look inside to your right and toward the wheel well. Should see it mounted there.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
The slide controller is located in the large driver's side compartment. Look inside to your right and toward the wheel well. Should see it mounted there.


Going to go look now! Thanks
sunseeker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker56 View Post
Going to go look now! Thanks


I'll let you know!
sunseeker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Thanks! I found it. Did what tech said to do but still can't get the slide in. Trying to find a mobile tech. Had a tech out and he didn't do anything other than charge us a service call. He wouldn't even look for the reset box controller. That's why I had to get on here. This has been so frustrating. When we first got the unit, the stabilizers went out, at separate time. Now this! Plus many other small things. We thought buying new would eliminate problems.
sunseeker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
namusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker56 View Post
Thanks! I found it. Did what tech said to do but still can't get the slide in. Trying to find a mobile tech. Had a tech out and he didn't do anything other than charge us a service call. He wouldn't even look for the reset box controller. That's why I had to get on here. This has been so frustrating. When we first got the unit, the stabilizers went out, at separate time. Now this! Plus many other small things. We thought buying new would eliminate problems.
Glad you found the slide controller. What did the tech tell you to do in order to close the slide?
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 128
I have a 2015 Forester MBS 2401w, nearly the same as your Sunseeker. I believe I have the same slide and controller. Try this troubleshooting guide from Schwintek. It's also got a phone number at the bottom of each page. Hope it helps!

PS I've also attached a slide recall notice, but I have no idea if it applies to yours or not.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide troubleshooting.pdf (668.0 KB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf Slide recall 4-16, page 1.pdf (870.7 KB, 80 views)
__________________

bob5560g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mercedes, slide, slide out, sunseeker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.