Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Yes, I have the same problem. As an old time mechanic I thought I would have to bleed the brakes and have not yet got around to it. It seems however that bleeding the brakes would not solve the problem after reading some the efforts put forth on this forum. There has been no solution yet put forth by Mercedes???????????????
No, no "solution". But, as has been pointed out several times in this thread, the brakes actually work just fine - that's the way the system is designed. Yes, they definitely feel funny, but they're effective none-the-less.

Dave
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #62

MB Sprinter Brakes

I have the same experience, perhaps not as much depression on pedal, but spongy. I have no problem halting the vehicle, but it is an uneasy spongy brake pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
I'd like to do a survey on Sprinter brakes. Please only answer if you are having an issue!!! That way we can keep this short and concise and easily keep track of how many folks have problems!!!
I have seen other posts regarding this, most recently by MiataHoarder, but don't know who else on this forum has had problems.
I have had the booster and master cylinder replaced (under warranty on my 2014 24R with 5000 miles), but the brakes are still spongy and the pedal will travel all the way to the floor when depressed. I really have to stand on them hard when stopping.
I called the 800-FOR-MERCEDES number yesterday. They had a tech guy call me right back to discuss the problem, but they are unfamiliar with any issues that people are having with the brakes. I told him I see posts about soft brakes here and other Sprinter forums, so it's not just me. He said he would contact the engineering department and he also made an appointment for me (AGAIN) at the nearest service center 100 miles away.
If you have a problem with your brakes, just reply "YES" back to this post, then call the 800-FOR MERCEDES number with your VIN handy.
Again, please only those with a brake issue reply "YES" to this post so we can find out how many Sprinter owners on this relatively small forum have brake problems.
THANKS! And don't forget to call Mercedes hotline if you do have a problem! I believe I used "4" on the robo menu to get through to the person that helped me.
1943buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #63

Yes! Thought it was normal!!
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes