Old 09-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #1

Who Else has Soft Spongy Brakes on their MB?

I'd like to do a survey on Sprinter brakes. Please only answer if you are having an issue!!! That way we can keep this short and concise and easily keep track of how many folks have problems!!!
I have seen other posts regarding this, most recently by MiataHoarder, but don't know who else on this forum has had problems.
I have had the booster and master cylinder replaced (under warranty on my 2014 24R with 5000 miles), but the brakes are still spongy and the pedal will travel all the way to the floor when depressed. I really have to stand on them hard when stopping.
I called the 800-FOR-MERCEDES number yesterday. They had a tech guy call me right back to discuss the problem, but they are unfamiliar with any issues that people are having with the brakes. I told him I see posts about soft brakes here and other Sprinter forums, so it's not just me. He said he would contact the engineering department and he also made an appointment for me (AGAIN) at the nearest service center 100 miles away.
If you have a problem with your brakes, just reply "YES" back to this post, then call the 800-FOR MERCEDES number with your VIN handy.
Again, please only those with a brake issue reply "YES" to this post so we can find out how many Sprinter owners on this relatively small forum have brake problems.
THANKS! And don't forget to call Mercedes hotline if you do have a problem! I believe I used "4" on the robo menu to get through to the person that helped me.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #2

yes

Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 AM   #3

Yes, I have a same problem.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #4

Yes
Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
Northern Most Member ?

YES !!
Toolman Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #6

Yes!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #7

Don't screw around. Take your sprinter to an official inspection station. Ask to have your brakes inspected. After, you will have all need to argue with M-B. If it passes you can rest assured. If it does not you have documentation to back your position. I interacted with M-B North America. Problem resolved.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #8

Yes, bad brakes 2015 Solera 24R

Yes, I have spongy bad brakes on my 2015 Solera 24R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
I'd like to do a survey on Sprinter brakes. Please only answer if you are having an issue!!! That way we can keep this short and concise and easily keep track of how many folks have problems!!!
I have seen other posts regarding this, most recently by MiataHoarder, but don't know who else on this forum has had problems.
I have had the booster and master cylinder replaced (under warranty on my 2014 24R with 5000 miles), but the brakes are still spongy and the pedal will travel all the way to the floor when depressed. I really have to stand on them hard when stopping.
I called the 800-FOR-MERCEDES number yesterday. They had a tech guy call me right back to discuss the problem, but they are unfamiliar with any issues that people are having with the brakes. I told him I see posts about soft brakes here and other Sprinter forums, so it's not just me. He said he would contact the engineering department and he also made an appointment for me (AGAIN) at the nearest service center 100 miles away.
If you have a problem with your brakes, just reply "YES" back to this post, then call the 800-FOR MERCEDES number with your VIN handy.
Again, please only those with a brake issue reply "YES" to this post so we can find out how many Sprinter owners on this relatively small forum have brake problems.
THANKS! And don't forget to call Mercedes hotline if you do have a problem! I believe I used "4" on the robo menu to get through to the person that helped me.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #9

I took my 2015 Solera 24R MBZ Sprinter 3500 to the dealer regarding the brakes being spongy. The technician drove the vehicle and he said they appear normal. I did this so there is a record of me taking the vehicle in and a response from MBZ saying the brakes are good incase I am in an accident and I need to have an attorney speak with MBZ over any liability issues for not repairing my brakes. I have to press the brake peddle down almost 3 inches before the brakes begin to work.

The service manager said no lights came on to indicate a problem, no check engine light...etc....

If I pump the brake peddle the peddle rises up and works much better to stop.

These brakes are very dangerous and should not function the way they do on a brand new vehicle.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #10

Yes...... Not going to the floor, but spongier than I like considering it's a new vehicle 2015 Solera 24B. I also routinely pump the pedal when stopping.

Tags
brakes