Old 06-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #1

Window shades

Yesterday the rolling window shade in my 2016 FR Sunseeker MBS fell down while we were driving down the road. It's the rear window in the 2400w unit. I can see in the valance that it was mounted with 2 brackets. I can tell the bracket is plastic. I haven't removed the Valance/bracket yet as I have to put the slide out to work on it. Does anyone know who makes the shades? I'd like to order replacement brackets and it seems it really should have 3 brackets for stability. Any help would be appreciated.

Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #2

Window shades

They may be MCD shades. We replaced the pleated junk that was in our 2014 Forester with the ones they are using now which are MCD.

We had the same issue with our large rear one - unrolled and blind came off roller. I think we only had 2 brackets as well. I have 4 now.

Called MCD and got new replacement end caps - ours were plastic and they use metal now with set screws. Also on their site you can see how many brackets holding it up you should use based on width of the shade.

I bought additional brackets at Menards - they are standard but took one with me for comparison.

With the additional brackets and new metal end caps no issues yet this season.

If you need them the metal end caps were only like $6 for a couple. Make sure they add the set screws - took me a while to find the right one with a customer service rep at Menards opening many packages before we found the right one.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport Toad
2015 Harley CVO (retirement bike )
2015 Challenger ( Wife's Toy)
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #3

The shades in my unit are from Irvine Shade. The brackets are ....plastic. I found some on ebay. They can be purchased from the factory. Pricey for a piece of plastic. Three for $27 including shipping on ebay and they should be here today.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #4

if they are from irvine blind and shade many people have posted that irvine blind and shade has replaced them for free including shipping.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #5

window shades

Wow thank you for that information. I will contact them today even though I purchased some. We're leaving for vacation on Wednesday needed them before then. I know this issue will come up again. They are Irvine blind and shade roller blinds.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #6

I had a bracket break as well, contacted Irvine and they sent out four free of charge.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
I had a bracket break as well, contacted Irvine and they sent out four free of charge.
Great customer service!

Tags
window