Old 09-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #41
No argument, just the results of a search using your provided link. Per the Freightliner website Dealer Locator tab there is not a Freightliner dealer within 100 miles of West Yellowstone, MT. Nor is there a Freightliner dealer within 100 miles of Kalispell, MT. That pretty well covers Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. Are you using a different tab on the Freightliner website?

2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #42
Some guy in back...
Lightbulb Ford E350/450 console cup holder

Originally Posted by snowcamp View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience. You have raised a lot of concerns and benefits that i was unaware of. I know that whatever decision we make, i will be a frequent visitor and hopefully contributor to this forum. Looking forward to any additional comments.

Has anyone ever driven a Ford Class C with the cup holder panel removed. I was at a show recently and noticed that one was loose and could be removed. I'm a big guy and Fords always felt too confining for me. Based on some of the comments here, i am wondering if this panel also serves to deaden some of the engine noise.
The cup holder is a separate piece. it's held to the Doghouse or Pumpkin (the engine cover) by some clips and slide pins. it *may* have a little effect on sound, but not much. The real sound damping comes from the engine cover. It's held in place by an adjustable clamp on each side and one on each side at the floor. If your rig is loud inside, it might need adjusting.

Also, it's possible the factory insulation is damaged or missing. This fellow (Sound deadening and heat shield | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB) has a non-factory cover on his motorhome but the principal is the same. He used "Dynamat" for sound and heat insulation.

I tow an >8000 lb. travel trailer with a '99 E350 V10 and think the van makes more noise when it's cold in the morning before the fan clutch settles down then while towing!

Good Luck!

SF Bay Area
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #43
Interesting points. I have driven mine 15,000 miles in less than a year. The Def went off the first time at 6,000 miles, I put it in and never thought about it again. I have felt mine has been extremely reliable.

I think the person who said it best was drive them both the same day and see which you feel more comfortable with. MPG and resell values was really high considerations for me. I only bought a new one because 2 to 3 year old ones were going so high!

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 Sunseeker W MBS
kysunseekermbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #44
Yes I would be willing to buy another MBS, but I likely won't. We would like to eventually travel for a full year, and it just isn't big enough. However, it is perfect for the camping that we currently do, and I wouldn't change a thing until we are closer to full timing. As for the propane generator, it really doesn't seem to use a lot even when we run the AC.
wendylys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #45
I would buy an MBS again. My wife and I love our Solera 24WS. I get ours serviced at the local MB dealer (West Chester, PA) Fantastic to work with. they have dedicated Sprinter techs and service advisor. Reservations are easy and they let you wait for most maintenance etc. They may be roughly $20-$30 higher in labor rate per hour, but for maintenance I gladly pay it when I can sit at a fully equipped desk with my laptop taking care of work and drinking their coffee which is good and be out and done in no time flat. In regard to parts, no matter a Mercedes part or Chevy part they are all expensive. I worked in the Auto dealership business a good amount of my life and I can say Chevy Dodge and such are no great deals and if you can find a good dealer that does what you want when you want it, they are worth their labor rate. Dropping off a MH at an RV dealer is insane. I have an independent RV tech do the MH work and they are great and only 10 min from house. Awesome to work with too and they even handled a few small warranty items with FR for me. The local FR dealer not so much since I did not buy from them, but their loss as I am a good paying customer.
I guess this type of decision always comes down to what makes you happy and what works best for your situation.
LoveLife7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #46

There was no up-front warning that the 2401 R was near max GVW when we bought it. The implications of the large storage area was a fraud. The 5% biofuel is a a real problem. Gas Buddy does not list biodiesel percentage. Once I have had to go to two other gas stations before finding suitable fuel. FR buys the most inexpensive chassis. The lack of steering wheel controls is primitive. The wind noise is very bad. Other than the Mercedes Benz badge, I think it is quite bad. I'll never do it again!
Jerry Robillard
2016 FR Forester 2401 R (2015 MBS)
UltraGuage Blue - love it!
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #47
Yes, but life is too short to drive a Ford <smile>😂
Phinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #48
I'm not sure if I would buy a MBS again. For two people it seems fine. The cargo carrying capacity stinks. I probably would not have bought the MBS had I known about the dismal CCC.

I do like driving our 24R. It's got less than 1000 miles on it so I can't comment on reliability.

We are heading to Maine from Ohio this Friday for a 11 day trip including a NASCAR race in New Hampshire. I might have a better opinion after this trip.

I like the 24R for the two of us but that darn CCC just stinks.

2015 Forester 2401R MBS
HVrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #49
Before ordering my 2401W, I considered both the Ford chassis and the MBS.
After sitting in both, I didn't like the driving position of the Ford, but the MBS felt perfect. Likewise, the Ford doghouse was really annoyingly awkward moving from the cab to the coach. The open cab of the MBS sold me.

Considering the alternatives, I would buy another MBS. Love my 2401W.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #50
Site Team
The site team has done a cleanup in this thread, especially with some some condescending and argumentative posts that were totally unnecessary. We also deleted some responses quoting these deleted posts, so you may see that the sweep had to unfortunately get those too even if they weren't really guideline violations.

Please play nice and be respectful of your fellow RV'ers. Most members never have any problems in this area, but every now and again there are some who need to be reminded when they get caught up in the heat of things and differences of opinions.

As per our guidelines:

Be Courteous! Our philosophy is that we want The Forest River Forums to be an online reflection of the RV'ing community. Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:

• We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.

Thank You, and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I used to be addicted to time travel, but that's all in the past now.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote