Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Surveyor

Registry
RV Name Surveyor
Year 2018
Make Forest River
Model 201 RBS
Length 24'
2018 Forest River 201 RBS
Basic Info Starter 2-axle travel trailer purchased to facilitate a move from TX to WA... That being a 6-day trip, finding hotels en route that would allow two Dobermans seemed daunting - so it was the catalyst of our RV endeavors. We've since become avid RV campers.
Exterior
None. Fearing the unknown issues with roof mounted solar panels (mounting holes and cable routing), I'll instead rig a "when needed" pole mounting system.

Interior
None...

Customizations
Just minor amenities/conveniences; added second battery with a marine on/off master switch; purchased 2-bank solar system and 3500 Watt Inverter for the boon-docking trips we want to try. We're also learning the issues associated with water usage and gray-water retention and bought a caddy to better manage dumping needs.

Renovations and Repairs
Kitchen faucet failed - dealer replacement was botched and I had to re-do myself (lesson learned: ALWAYS check work done by repair facility before putting back into storage. Qualify check/verification seems non-existent.)

Tow Vehicle
2018 Forest River 201 RBS Tow Vehicle
2002 GMC Sierra SLT (5.3L Gas) with E2 WD hitch.

Favorite Camping Destinations
We haven't had a bad trip - they've all been great experiences in the state of WA. We've done about a dozen weekend trips since we arrived, and are still learning. We're looking forward to nation-wide trips.
Comments: 0 / Views: 264

Tags
forest river, surveyor