Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #1

2016 Vengeance 28V DEAD Furnace

We picked up a 2016 28V new in 2017 but we've never needed to use the heat until I tried this weekend only to find dead silence.

The air conditioner works just fine but when I switch to heat there is no clicking noise, no fan, no nothing no matter how long you wait or how high you turn the thermostat.

We were plugged in to 30 amp service at the campground and everything worked fine (well almost everything - I also had water heater issue). We needed air conditioning on most of this trip but a front came through and dropped the temps and I wanted some heat.

I turned on all three burners on the stove and let them run a while to make sure no air was in the propane lines but still no furnace.

Its just like it has no power, it does nothing as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions on things to check? Also there appears to be no good way to access the furnace on a 28V. I pulled off the vent in front but that doesn't help. There is no access panel from the outside.
bamarolln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #2

first check the fuse need power
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #3

I should have mentioned, first thing I checked was the fuse panel. Furnace did not have a blown fuse.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarolln View Post
We picked up a 2016 28V new in 2017 but we've never needed to use the heat until I tried this weekend only to find dead silence.

The air conditioner works just fine but when I switch to heat there is no clicking noise, no fan, no nothing no matter how long you wait or how high you turn the thermostat.

We were plugged in to 30 amp service at the campground and everything worked fine (well almost everything - I also had water heater issue). We needed air conditioning on most of this trip but a front came through and dropped the temps and I wanted some heat.

I turned on all three burners on the stove and let them run a while to make sure no air was in the propane lines but still no furnace.

Its just like it has no power, it does nothing as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions on things to check? Also there appears to be no good way to access the furnace on a 28V. I pulled off the vent in front but that doesn't help. There is no access panel from the outside.
May sound dumb but did you check to make sure thermostat set to heat. Just a thought. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #5

if you know you have 12 volts to the board , and for sure the T-stat is calling for heat ,you can jump the t-stat wire at the furnace and still nothing than a new board is needed . I'm assuming you have a surburban based on no outside access. you'll have to access behind the furnace and pull it out for service
Old 04-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
if you know you have 12 volts to the board , and for sure the T-stat is calling for heat ,you can jump the t-stat wire at the furnace and still nothing than a new board is needed . I'm assuming you have a surburban based on no outside access. you'll have to access behind the furnace and pull it out for service
Yes, it is a surburban. I don't know for 100% certain there is 12 volts to the board, I did not have a way to check it. It definitely acts like it has no power because no fan comes on, no sounds from it trying to ignite or anything.

I did not try jumping out the thermostat wires yet. Its really difficult to get at it where its located. I'll likely need to pull it out. Is there an on/off switch on these units anywhere that could have never gotten switch on?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #7

sometimes they bury the surburbans and getting them out can be a pain . need to shut off gas supply and disconnect at the furnace . then a couple screws on either side and remove the ducts , you just twist the plate there attached to and turn tab to open notch and pull out . then slide out the unit . most times there's enough wire you can leave connected sometimes not . but you can check for the 12v at the wires there . if yes then pull the unit , blue wires are t-stat jump them if no go and you have 12 v . board replacement !
Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
Commercial Member

bamarolln,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2016 Vengeance. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Mikala Yoder in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote