Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwhite View Post
I think you can see the nose on the 306 has a bow in it if you look at the pictures from the new one they just got at the auto plex
I see it...bummer. I think ours is still waiting for the green light to ship. I'll see if I can call that to someone's attention before they ship it.

Desert Autoplex | Pre-owned Dealer | Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona

The above link is the toy hauler in question for anyone else interested. Check the nose right above the horizontal line where it goes from black to white.
BigKidzFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #22

Looks like ours will be here Friday.

We saw another 306V at the show this weekend and it was perfect. No exaggeration either...PERFECT. I crawled under and around it and found nothing to bitch about. THIS IS A GOOD THING.

Anyway, pictures to follow when we take delivery Saturday.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #23

Still have not taken my unit off the lot yet the nose is a problem that has not been answerd yet and on tuesday I opened the awning and the awning was torn and the pole that the awning wraps around was dented in 2 places the dealer says dont worry we will fix it. i am scheduled to do PDI on Friday this will be the second time scheduling the PDI. the unit has not been tuched by the dealer since it arrived on March 17th. today is march 28th. from what I have been able to do with the unit is crawl arround and figure what does what as far as lights go and some other things. I think that my biggest problem now is the dealer getting the punch out list completed.
tomwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwhite View Post
Still have not taken my unit off the lot yet the nose is a problem that has not been answerd yet and on tuesday I opened the awning and the awning was torn and the pole that the awning wraps around was dented in 2 places the dealer says dont worry we will fix it. i am scheduled to do PDI on Friday this will be the second time scheduling the PDI. the unit has not been tuched by the dealer since it arrived on March 17th. today is march 28th. from what I have been able to do with the unit is crawl arround and figure what does what as far as lights go and some other things. I think that my biggest problem now is the dealer getting the punch out list completed.
Sorry to hear about all the troubles. I sure hope our experience goes MUCH better. "Don't worry, we'll fix it" is not something I want to hear.
We've postponed things twice now and I'm hope there won't be any more delays.

Details after this weekend...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #25

The Eagle Has Landed

Those were the words that our sales guy said when our toy hauler arrived on their lot. Happy? Yeah, that doesn't describe it. The wife and I spent an entire day putting all our stuff in it...about 500 pounds worth!

It tows much better than our old bumper pull (expected) and is easier to back up (unexpected). I only needed 30 PSI in the air bags to make the TV sit level. Speaking of the TV, it drags the 306V down the road just fine. We'll see how well it does fully loaded going up to Sunset Point on I-17 ;-)

So, here it is sitting in the driveway:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7823.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	11615  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #26

Vengeance notes

During the walkthrough, we didn't check the outside lights...I guess I assumed they were all OK. Once home we found that the driver's side scare light was out and that one switch in the garage wasn't working. Two and two together told me that the dead switch must control the dead light (I amaze myself sometimes). I did all the usual diagnostics like checking the bulb, kicking the tires, making sure the radio was on the correct channel, you know, diagnostic stuff like that. I even called our very helpful FR rep who aimed me in the direction of the switch where I found a loose wire...a two minute fix and we have light!

The maiden voyage is this weekend...LET'S GO!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7837.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	11667   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7838.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	11668  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWindrider View Post
Sorry for my earlier post. I just found it also. Probably to new for anybody to have one yet.

just wondering if any one out there knows where i can fine the spot for manual crank for the front slide out mine wont go in manually

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum Havtodo@hotmail.com
Dana Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #28

Mine is inside the driver's side far front compartment. It's just a small hole where you can insert that goofy tool that comes with the trailer. It's slow going though...DAMHIN ;-)
Old 03-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidzFun View Post
Those were the words that our sales guy said when our toy hauler arrived on their lot. Happy? Yeah, that doesn't describe it. The wife and I spent an entire day putting all our stuff in it...about 500 pounds worth!

It tows much better than our old bumper pull (expected) and is easier to back up (unexpected). I only needed 30 PSI in the air bags to make the TV sit level. Speaking of the TV, it drags the 306V down the road just fine. We'll see how well it does fully loaded going up to Sunset Point on I-17 ;-)

So, here it is sitting in the driveway:

Big kids fun we have the exact unit and actually love it except for few issues. The emblem in the front is peeling up. The gelcoat has splotches on it that are dark.... Won't come out.
In the beginning wires were loose to the awning.... And the remote went out ... Was replaced so that's good. Other that we are are loving the layout and our toys including Harley loves to take a ride when they can ( lol ) hope you have better luck than us. oh and now I'm trying to install a 5500 onan for dry camping and to attend cook offs.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
WBilliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBilliot View Post
Big kids fun we have the exact unit and actually love it except for few issues. The emblem in the front is peeling up. The gelcoat has splotches on it that are dark.... Won't come out.
In the beginning wires were loose to the awning.... And the remote went out ... Was replaced so that's good. Other that we are are loving the layout and our toys including Harley loves to take a ride when they can ( lol ) hope you have better luck than us. oh and now I'm trying to install a 5500 onan for dry camping and to attend cook offs.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Regarding the emblem. Ours did the same thing...twice. I took it back to the dealer and they "fixed" it but the problem still existed. So, I waited for a hot day so the material was pliable, took some super glue, coated the back of the emblem, press it flat and it's been good ever since.

Regarding the gelcoat...I have one similar spot and after trying every type of polish one can imagine, I gave up. I call it a birthmark!

Ours came with an Onan 5500 and we have 200 hours on it now. We've been doing a lot of RV park stuff these days so it doesn't get much exercise these days.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #31

I picked up a new 2016 - 3062V
Needed the 12 foot garage for our Spyder.
Put together a 'Punchlist' of items that need fixing for the Dealer.
Nothing major, a few items missing from the 'build list'.
2nd TV, bunk bed ladder, bunk bed drawers, sink cover
Plus, major problem with power to refrig. 1000 watt inverter is undersized. Only single battery, marine cranking 24. Runs refrig 1.5 hr then battery is to low to start generator.
Cherokee (Forest River) needs to start supplying a complete manual specific to each unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spydernut is offline   Reply With Quote