Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2016, 09:49 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty31093 View Post
I have a 2016 Vengeance 320A and have been fairly satisfied with it. I had to have all the floor trim around the kitchen base cabinets replaced due to it splitting and the vinyl coming off. There was a water leak from a gasket on the top of the kitchen slide from the factory and the water settled around the base cabinet. Once that was fixed anything else was minor stuff. This is our second Vengeance and we, like most of you, have found the antenna to be weak. I found that the cable at most campgrounds will not work if the power booster is turned on inside the camper. Also, I connect the cable to the top cable connection outside. Once connected I have to do a channel search on all my TV's. We usually get a good number of channels depending on the provider.
The television stuff you mention is routine on just about every trailer regardless of brand or model. But, if your Vengeance is like most of the others with the round TV antenna you'll just have to live with it or get a newer model. It really is a piece of junk.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #202

Smitty, where is your cable power booster, I have looked high and low and cant find it anywhere. What does it look like. Please add a pic if possible.

MRH 2008
Alvin, Texas
2015 Forest River Vengeance 398V
2016 Ford SD F-350 PStroke DRW King Ranch FX4
2015 Ranger Polaris Crew Diesel
mrh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh2008 View Post
Smitty, where is your cable power booster, I have looked high and low and cant find it anywhere. What does it look like. Please add a pic if possible.
On ours, its on the cable connection plate for the TV in the bedroom. Little black button on the black cover. A little hard to see but when you turn it on, the little green light comes on.

Its highly likely on one of your cable connections on the wall or ceiling.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #204

Electra Glide. I did get all 6 arms and I purchased them from Amazon. Best price I found, and free shipping.
Mastertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #205
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

I think next weekend will be my last trip out for this season. It's been a good run but the temps are dropping and I am busy Halloween weekend.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #206

That is a bummer. But I understand.

We're going to Ocean Lakes next Friday for the weekend. I'm going to try to get away with not winterizing mine before we head to Disneyworld mid-December. We'll see.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The television stuff you mention is routine on just about every trailer regardless of brand or model. But, if your Vengeance is like most of the others with the round TV antenna you'll just have to live with it or get a newer model. It really is a piece of junk.
It is a piece of junk& I tried to get Forest River to upgrade mine to something that actually works& their answer was no & that's what we offer on the Vengeance line.

Also I wanted to say for the guys having trouble getting cable make sure that your booster is OFF. That's only for the air antenna.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #208

Thumbs down

We purchased our 377v in April of 2016 for a motocross trip to Georgia. The first trip was a disaster! Shower leaked inside and outside, kitchen sink drain leaked, nice gust of wind ripped the rear large screen, the A/C quit working, the LED strips above the sink came off. You name it, it happened!

Now, after 4 or 5 warranty trips (2.5 hours to the dealer each way), I have to make another trip. After this weekend of camping, I heard a loud screach when letting out the slides. I went outside and looked and the glides (or whatever they are) on the bottom edge of the slide is bent half way up the side of the slide and has also ripped the rubber gasket around the slide. I then looked at the other slide, it has started to bend and rip the gasket as well.

Since I assume these units were built in Indiana, and I live in Michigan, the weather is similar. When the builders put up all of the trim, they must have done it with ZERO humidity. Once the humidity built up in the summer, all of the cheap trim and moulding started to expand. Now, I have TONS of ripples in the trim (looks great on a $65K RV!)

TV problems? with the crappy cable management behind the TV, one of the kids pulled the TV out to swing it around, and pulled the cable right out of the back of the TV. another crappy design.

Now there are a few other rants, but these are my fault for not looking when purchasing the unit: how do you get on the rear bunk? there is no ladder. how do you get on the roof to clean the slides when staying in the State Parks? there is no ladder on the side or rear. What's the deal with this? My buddy purchased the Wolf Pack the same time as us, and spent $25K less, but he gets an outside ladder!

Icing on the cake....our kids race motocross, so we purchased this unit for that in mind. Our camping is usually every weekend at a race track in the middle of a field (no power, etc). We purchased the 377v with the generator. Looking on Onan's website, it said the unit would consume about 1/2 gallon/hour on full load. This was acceptable since we would be camping for only 48 hours per weekend. The 377v comes with a 30 gallon fuel tank. with this, I should get 60 hours +/- a few on a full tank. Since it was hard to tell how much fuel was in it when we purchase it, I couldn't confirm the size. Once we got it home and camped the first weekend (we had power that weekend), I ran the generator and fuel tank until it was empty. Taking it to the gas station to fill it, I expected 30 or so gallons. The pump stopped at 20 gallons. I confirmed that the fuel gauge on the RV said empty and full. I spoke to the RV dealer, they confirmed with Forest River that the unit should have 30 gallons. After my 5 trips to the dealer for warranty work, it still only hold 20 gallons. They keep telling me they are waiting to hear back from Forest River.

Needless to say, I doubt I will purchase another Forest River product.

Hoping someone from FR is watching and contacts me.

Sorry about the long rant. Oh yeah, the third axle brakes were never hooked up (I was crawling under the unit one day and saw wires hanging down). Dealer has since fixed these.

Thanks-
Jason
emtJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #209
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtJason View Post
We purchased our 377v in April of 2016 for a motocross trip to Georgia. The first trip was a disaster! Shower leaked inside and outside, kitchen sink drain leaked, nice gust of wind ripped the rear large screen, the A/C quit working, the LED strips above the sink came off. You name it, it happened!

Now, after 4 or 5 warranty trips (2.5 hours to the dealer each way), I have to make another trip. After this weekend of camping, I heard a loud screach when letting out the slides. I went outside and looked and the glides (or whatever they are) on the bottom edge of the slide is bent half way up the side of the slide and has also ripped the rubber gasket around the slide. I then looked at the other slide, it has started to bend and rip the gasket as well.

Since I assume these units were built in Indiana, and I live in Michigan, the weather is similar. When the builders put up all of the trim, they must have done it with ZERO humidity. Once the humidity built up in the summer, all of the cheap trim and moulding started to expand. Now, I have TONS of ripples in the trim (looks great on a $65K RV!)

TV problems? with the crappy cable management behind the TV, one of the kids pulled the TV out to swing it around, and pulled the cable right out of the back of the TV. another crappy design.

Now there are a few other rants, but these are my fault for not looking when purchasing the unit: how do you get on the rear bunk? there is no ladder. how do you get on the roof to clean the slides when staying in the State Parks? there is no ladder on the side or rear. What's the deal with this? My buddy purchased the Wolf Pack the same time as us, and spent $25K less, but he gets an outside ladder!

Icing on the cake....our kids race motocross, so we purchased this unit for that in mind. Our camping is usually every weekend at a race track in the middle of a field (no power, etc). We purchased the 377v with the generator. Looking on Onan's website, it said the unit would consume about 1/2 gallon/hour on full load. This was acceptable since we would be camping for only 48 hours per weekend. The 377v comes with a 30 gallon fuel tank. with this, I should get 60 hours +/- a few on a full tank. Since it was hard to tell how much fuel was in it when we purchase it, I couldn't confirm the size. Once we got it home and camped the first weekend (we had power that weekend), I ran the generator and fuel tank until it was empty. Taking it to the gas station to fill it, I expected 30 or so gallons. The pump stopped at 20 gallons. I confirmed that the fuel gauge on the RV said empty and full. I spoke to the RV dealer, they confirmed with Forest River that the unit should have 30 gallons. After my 5 trips to the dealer for warranty work, it still only hold 20 gallons. They keep telling me they are waiting to hear back from Forest River.

Needless to say, I doubt I will purchase another Forest River product.

Hoping someone from FR is watching and contacts me.

Sorry about the long rant. Oh yeah, the third axle brakes were never hooked up (I was crawling under the unit one day and saw wires hanging down). Dealer has since fixed these.

Thanks-
Jason
That is some serious bad luck! Maybe it's a lemon? My unit has been nearly perfect and I have owned it for a year now. A few minor things and one possible major that was fixed by the dealer and/or me.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #210

I really do love the floor plan! Don't get me wrong. We upgraded from a Jayco 32' bunkhouse. Zero problems with the Jayco.

I'm sure Forest River will make it right. I'm hoping to get a meeting with the dealership (Haylett RV) and a Forest River rep to get everything taken care of. My only concern is what will break AFTER the warranty expires?

Thanks-
Jason
emtJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtJason View Post
I really do love the floor plan! Don't get me wrong. We upgraded from a Jayco 32' bunkhouse. Zero problems with the Jayco.

I'm sure Forest River will make it right. I'm hoping to get a meeting with the dealership (Haylett RV) and a Forest River rep to get everything taken care of. My only concern is what will break AFTER the warranty expires?

Thanks-
Jason

My experience with Forest River on a few issues we've had with our Vengeance is it takes along time to get parts. Example: They ordered us a new basement door due to it not closing correctly and a small piece of trim work for bathroom floor due to shower leaking on it. It took 2 months for my dealer to receive these 2 parts. I suggest that your dealer order all parts needed& when they arrive then drop it off for the work. That way it don't sit at the dealership awaiting parts & yall can go out on some trips & hopefully work all the bugs out of it. I've owed mine a year now and too have only had minor issues as well.

As for after the 1 year warranty you could purchase a extended warranty. We got one that covered all major components for 5 years. Good luck and I hope you get all the issues fixed & start enjoying your Vengeance.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:13 PM   #212
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

I finally got my fridge part that I needed. I went through a dealer here in town since it was warranty and they got it for me. I'll also state that part of the hold up was me forgetting to call the dealer during normal working hours. Nothing against my dealer, they are 3 hours away from me, they suggested I go to someone closer in case the wrong part came in.

His problem is much bigger and may need to just drop it off for his repairs. The slide issue sounds really bad.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I finally got my fridge part that I needed. I went through a dealer here in town since it was warranty and they got it for me. I'll also state that part of the hold up was me forgetting to call the dealer during normal working hours. Nothing against my dealer, they are 3 hours away from me, they suggested I go to someone closer in case the wrong part came in.

His problem is much bigger and may need to just drop it off for his repairs. The slide issue sounds really bad.
I totally agree with you about his issues. What I was saying is to drop it off@ the dealer and let them decide on what parts are needed then if it's going to take along time to get parts to pick it up and then drop it back off when parts arrive to do the work. I hope he gets everything fixed but you are right he's got alot of issues for a Vengeance cause they seem to be pretty solid units.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #214
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB TN View Post
I totally agree with you about his issues. What I was saying is to drop it off@ the dealer and let them decide on what parts are needed then if it's going to take along time to get parts to pick it up and then drop it back off when parts arrive to do the work. I hope he gets everything fixed but you are right he's got alot of issues for a Vengeance cause they seem to be pretty solid units.
Gotcha. Luckily when I took mine in for warranty work back in March they didn't require any parts to fix mine.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #215

I really like the 320a and I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2017 model. I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD LT Duramax ccsb 4x2 as my tow vehicle. I see a couple of you pulling with a Chevy 2500HD. Any problems or advice?
CampingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #216
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

I love my 2500 HD and it's bone stock pulling mine.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMan View Post
I really like the 320a and I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2017 model. I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD LT Duramax ccsb 4x2 as my tow vehicle. I see a couple of you pulling with a Chevy 2500HD. Any problems or advice?
First off welcome to the forum. I've got a 04 ( lly motor) I've been towing with it for 10 years 2 different 5th wheels and it's been a great tow vehicle, yours should tow that 320a with ease. We love our 320a as well it's been a great 5th wheel. Good luck with your search for a new Toyhauler. The one advice I can give is when turning in tight spots like campgrounds & turning around in parking lots Watch your truck cab & the front cap of the 5th wheel . I will say that the Vengeance does allow alot better turning radius than my old 5th wheel.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #218
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

I'm back on the ladder wagon. Lowes has a 17 foot for $89 Home Depot has 22 foot for $99. Is the 22 foot over kill for our unit?

https://slickdeals.net/f/9415515-wer...dder-lowe-s-89
Can buy this online with free shipping

Home Depot is "in store only" on black Friday.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:17 AM   #219
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
I'm back on the ladder wagon. Lowes has a 17 foot for $89 Home Depot has 22 foot for $99. Is the 22 foot over kill for our unit?

https://slickdeals.net/f/9415515-wer...dder-lowe-s-89
Can buy this online with free shipping

Home Depot is "in store only" on black Friday.
Can't seem to edit my own post? I bought the 17 foot ladder and using it at home it seems pretty good. I haven't tested all the different positions on it but seems easy enough to switch up. It is a little heavy and I'll have to figure out where I will store it in the fifth wheel.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #220

Quote:
Can't seem to edit my own post? I bought the 17 foot ladder and using it at home it seems pretty good. I haven't tested all the different positions on it but seems easy enough to switch up. It is a little heavy and I'll have to figure out where I will store it in the fifth wheel.
Nice!!! Iam glad you bought it. Mine is alittle heavy too but it's worth having . We use ours more in the inside of the camper than the outside it's the perfect height for accessing the top bunk in the garage. For storing it I simply just lay it down flat folded together in the garage floor while traveling.