Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2015, 07:54 AM   #21

Does anyone have the retractable rear screen? If so would you recommend having it?
johnnycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
Retired Techie

I have the 26RR which is very much like the 25V. I have the screen with the new light weight ramp. Previously I had a WP22 with the 7' top spring ramp with the screen. I liked them both but the thing to consider is if you will have the ramp open and screen down when it is hot or the air on. I put suspension chains on my WP22 for a party deck but seldom used it.
2013 Keystone Springdale 5r Sold
1998 Honda Valkerie Sld
2016 Camping 148 days so far Bought park model and moved to Florida.
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:12 AM   #23

25V owners might be interested in this. I was not pleased with the factory location of the TV and saw that the Grey Wolf 26RR (basically the same floor plan) had a much nicer setup.

The cabinet on the right as you enter from the main door is floor to ceiling. Since there is already plenty of cabinet space (at least for me there is) I decided to remove the top half. Easy job...just use a jig or recip saw. The cut doesn't have to be perfect because after you finish it you trim it out with "outside" quarter round trim and stain. If you make the cut flush with the bottom of the existing top door then after you add the trim it creates a one inch edge so you can throw remotes, keys, etc., on the new "top" shelf.

Here's a pix of the finished project (which took less than one hour to do).

Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #24

We have a 25V on order that should be delivered to the dealer any time now but we'll have to wait until the spring to pick it up ... bummer.

Has anyone added a rear awning (over the ramp) to one of these rigs? If yes, is there blocking or did you add your own?

Thanks,
John
johnm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm1 View Post
We have a 25V on order that should be delivered to the dealer any time now but we'll have to wait until the spring to pick it up ... bummer.

Has anyone added a rear awning (over the ramp) to one of these rigs? If yes, is there blocking or did you add your own?

Thanks,
John
I am currently trying to find the best way to do this. An awning over the deck would be a really nice addition.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:56 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Does anyone know where the the valve to dump the fresh water tank on a 25V is? The RV place I bought mine at doesn't seem to

Driver side just behind the tires. You have to reach between them to reach it
caasperjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycap View Post
Pick up our 25V next week....

I hope yours goes better than mine. Check everything, after they go through it with you, go through it by yourself and test everything. Lights speakers doors rear screen deck and roll up screens open every cabinet ask for water to test it all even the outside shower, have them show you the roof check the air pressure in the tires lock and unlock all doors Literally everything. Don’t accept anything that’s not right and then tell them once it’s fixed your start payments and ask them to contact the bank so they know this.
I’m learning the hard way.
They are fun but the build and service sucks
caasperjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I am currently trying to find the best way to do this. An awning over the deck would be a really nice addition.
I have seen a Thule awning on the back of toyhaulers, only issue is that it would partially block the ramp light and completely cover backup camera.
OIF03VET is offline   Reply With Quote