Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2016, 07:16 AM   #11
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,209
A well know member on this forum told me that he has toured several FR factories and noticed that it takes four times as long as any other brand to build the Vengeance models. That's probably why they seem to have a lot less problems than comparable brands. Only problem I've seen is they are usually much heavier than the others.

For those of y'all with the fiver models do they all have the beaver tail at the garage exit? Sure makes it a lot easier to load, and you don't have to extend the ramp door to prevent dragging the bottom of a motorcycle when loading. I also found extra storage available behind some of those panels labeled "no storage".
__________________

__________________
At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
....For those of y'all with the fiver models do they all have the beaver tail at the garage exit? Sure makes it a lot easier to load, and you don't have to extend the ramp door to prevent dragging the bottom of a motorcycle when loading. I also found extra storage available behind some of those panels labeled "no storage".
Mine has the beaver tail. No storage compartment underneath through the floor though.
__________________

__________________
2015 F350 6.7L Lariat CC LB
2016 Vengeance Touring Edition 40D12

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 18
I'm looking at a 2017 Vengeance 39R13 TE, the 40D12 has lots in common, I was wondering how the mattress is on the bed of yours, my last RV the mattress was good for 5-10 mins and then it would be flat as a pancake.
__________________
RVDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #14
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 8,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
A well know member on this forum told me that he has toured several FR factories and noticed that it takes four times as long as any other brand to build the Vengeance models. That's probably why they seem to have a lot less problems than comparable brands. Only problem I've seen is they are usually much heavier than the others.

For those of y'all with the fiver models do they all have the beaver tail at the garage exit? Sure makes it a lot easier to load, and you don't have to extend the ramp door to prevent dragging the bottom of a motorcycle when loading. I also found extra storage available behind some of those panels labeled "no storage".
Just as info the V-Lites are built better than most campers. They have at least 3rd generation of folks building and take pride. I would buy over any other FR tt product. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDon View Post
I'm looking at a 2017 Vengeance 39R13 TE, the 40D12 has lots in common, I was wondering how the mattress is on the bed of yours, my last RV the mattress was good for 5-10 mins and then it would be flat as a pancake.
Our mattress is weird for us. When you first lay down, its amazing how good it feels. Its very soft and I like that. Its rather easy to slip off into a slight coma shortly after going to bed.

But then when we wake up the next day, backaches. The wife has them almost every time but I have grown accustomed to it enough. If I wake up on my back or side, I'm OK. If I turn over on my stomach, my back hurts enough, it wakes me up. I guess the mattress is too soft.
__________________
2015 F350 6.7L Lariat CC LB
2016 Vengeance Touring Edition 40D12

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 18
Our bed at home is like that because its a soft top.
If you don't mind I have a couple more questions.
-Did you get the roof ladder if so does it collapse against the wall or do you have to take it off during transportation so it doesn't stick out. We have to order our 39R13 not to many out there and were debating on getting ladder or buying one from Harbor freight and just throw it in the back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
Our mattress is weird for us. When you first lay down, its amazing how good it feels. Its very soft and I like that. Its rather easy to slip off into a slight coma shortly after going to bed.

But then when we wake up the next day, backaches. The wife has them almost every time but I have grown accustomed to it enough. If I wake up on my back or side, I'm OK. If I turn over on my stomach, my back hurts enough, it wakes me up. I guess the mattress is too soft.
__________________
RVDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDon View Post
Our bed at home is like that because its a soft top.
If you don't mind I have a couple more questions.
-Did you get the roof ladder if so does it collapse against the wall or do you have to take it off during transportation so it doesn't stick out. We have to order our 39R13 not to many out there and were debating on getting ladder or buying one from Harbor freight and just throw it in the back.
Mine came with the roof ladder. Its the typical roof ladder that mounts to the side. It doesn't really collapse. It probably sticks out 6"-8" I guess. I actually pulled mine off and left it in our barn. I ripped mine off my old Cyclone one time so ever since then, I like to have one but I only mount it when I know I'll need it.

We're going to Disneyworld in December for 9 days. I'll probably mount it for that trip because its an extended amount of time. But for short trips like weekends, it stays at home.

Where are you located?
__________________
2015 F350 6.7L Lariat CC LB
2016 Vengeance Touring Edition 40D12

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
A well know member on this forum told me that he has toured several FR factories and noticed that it takes four times as long as any other brand to build the Vengeance models. That's probably why they seem to have a lot less problems than comparable brands. Only problem I've seen is they are usually much heavier than the others.

For those of y'all with the fiver models do they all have the beaver tail at the garage exit? Sure makes it a lot easier to load, and you don't have to extend the ramp door to prevent dragging the bottom of a motorcycle when loading. I also found extra storage available behind some of those panels labeled "no storage".
Mine has the beaver tail and no floor storage. Basically no storage was built into the garage of mine. I am trying to add some over head cabinets though. There are places in the kitchen and bathroom to remove panels that say "no storage" to make room for storage. Basically just tie up the wires that are usually there or move the panel around to make room. When I had my Grey Wolf 21RR I had all kind of little mods for more storage.

The bed in ours needs to be replaced as well. It's soft which seems nice until I wake up the next morning and my back is killing me.
__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights booked 2017-21....so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #19
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,209
There's a panel behind the toilet that when opened (2 screws) you'll find a completely finished area I use for bottled water storage. Replaced the screws with knobs and use Velcro to hold the panel in place.



I don't have the drop down bed in the garage area so I put two kitchen cabinets (about $50 each from Lowes). Thinking about two more on the other side but for now I have plenty of storage.



There's also space under the sink cabinet where the water pump is mounted.
__________________
At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
KANDL25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
New to the forum but it's awesome to hear of other's experience with the 40D12. We love ours and use the patio all the time. At first, losing the extra living room space was a challenge especially when someone is reclined on the couch and I'm trying to walk through. I either had to step over the person (which isn't easy cause I'm short) or they had to unrecline to let me through. I got used to it after I fell in love with the patio. The only concern I have with the patio is we have to close up the patio to secure the tv if we leave camp.

We also use ours as a bar/outdoor eating area for our family of four. We only open the screen side walls half way so the front is open. We use adjustable bar stools, sit back, relax, watch the game, race etc.

Thanks for sharing your 40D12 experience ��
__________________

__________________
KANDL25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.