Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #1

Vengeance question

Hello everyone,
This past Jan 2018, my wife and I bought our 2nd 5Th Wheel being a 2014, 316a Vengeance ( 37') Toy hauler. The original owner wanted a larger garage. This past weekend we were fortunate enough to use it for a 3 day camping weekend here in Michigan and we love it, especially the ramp/deck. Here is the question. Just inside of the door and to the right is the control panel toggle switches for the awning, indoor/outdoor speakers, slide outs, interior/ exterior lights and one other non labeled blue when turned on toggle switch. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this operates. I also contacted the original previous owner and believe it or not, he has no idea what this operates.
Here is where it gets good. I contacted Forest River and spoke with Kaitlin Ankney ( Owner Relations) . She had no idea, but said she would research it. Well, a couple days later, she got back in touch with me apologizing because she has no idea what it operates. She sent out an email to plant Managers and was told no one has been on that line since 2016 and no one knows what the switch is for. Imagine that. lol
I am fairly new at this, but Im going to try to post a picture. The switch is a single blue toggle switch up in the right hand corner of the picture.
Any help would be mostly appreciated. Hope everyone has a safe & enjoyable 2018 camping season.
Thank you in advance. Gary

Oops sorry. Picture rotated and the toggle switch is on top left corner. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	169582  
Kolarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #2

check all the nooks for ambient lighting. i have a slightly different model but mine has normal lights and blue “mood” lights.
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

My toy hauler has a blue led strip above the outdoor step, it's really hard to tell when it's on without looking above the steps, check and see if you have one connected to that switch.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

Will do. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #5

You can also pull the switch out of the wall and look at the back of it, specifically at the spade connectors. There will be a power feed at the 'bottom' of the switch, this is 12V in. The top spade connector will be for the LED light inside the switch itself and should be about ~12mV. If there is a line coming off the middle spade connector then the switch is valid and in-use. If there is no line coming off the middle spade connector then it is a non-usage switch.

I had a switch on my primary panel that was labeled but not actually used. I ended up using it to power my WeBoost system.
TBKHomeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #6

Thank you very much for that information. I’ll check that first thing tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolarman View Post
Thank you very much for that information. I’ll check that first thing tomorrow.
I agree, its a 12v switch that could also be a pre-wire to the awning for led or existing led lighting
Fowlplayfrank is offline   Reply With Quote