Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

Vengeance winterizing

We bought a 2019 vengeance rogue 324 a few months ago and Forest River doesn't have an owners manual for it yet!! Does anyone know where the water pump is? I have blown out all of the lines and drained everything but I want to make sure the pump is drained too .Thanks for any input
Wildwood 26tbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

If you absolutely can't find it, pour a gallon of RV antifreeze in the tank and run the pump. Problem solved.

I can't even find that model on the FR website.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
If you absolutely can't find it, pour a gallon of RV antifreeze in the tank and run the pump. Problem solved.

Thanks that's what I was thinking too ,FR said the manual for it will not be out till the end of the month .Do you have and ride a kfx450? Do you like it
Old 10-12-2018, 06:08 AM   #4

it should be very close to water hook up. mine is in front passtgrough storage. i have to remove back wall of storage compartment. different model i know but good place to start.
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #5

Thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwood 26tbss View Post
Do you have and ride a kfx450? Do you like it
I did. I raced XC quads in the Mideast Series in NC & SC from 2011-2015 plus a couple of GNCCs. Hardly any KFX450Rs on the track but I loved mine. I had a 2009 and then bought a 2014. But both of them have been sold and now I ride a golf cart throughout campgrounds.

Not a day goes by I don't think about "those days".
Old 10-12-2018, 06:53 AM   #7

That's great I always loved those quads too
Old 10-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post

Pretty sure it will take quite a bit more than a gallon if you're dumping it in the fresh water tank and hoping the pump will suck it up. And then you have anti freeze in your fresh water tank that needs to be thoroughly flushed if you ever plan to drink the water out of that tank.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #9

The path to my barn behind the house is slightly tilted to the left. I could park my old Work & Play back there and two gallons would easily winterize the whole unit. But again, it was slightly tilted.

But to just winterize the pump, I'd think one gallon should suffice. Either way, its only $3-$4.

As for flushing it out, we never bothered going too extreme. 1. RV antifreeze is non-toxic. 2. I would just slightly fill and drain the tank a few times plus run the pump and lines clean. We were good with that.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #10

Good deal I have always used the pin k stuff in our old travel trailer I'm hoping to get another trip this season and it's only gonna be around 32-35 I'm just being cautious for now I will definitely be running the RV antifreeze in it before winter
Old 02-09-2019, 01:54 AM   #11
bloodybill

personally if i could not locate the water pump
like my winnabago i had
i,d drain as much as possable the water then fill the system on the city water hook up mode and just fill the rv with non toxic rv anti freeze
and would just flush it all out in the spring and add some freshwater conditioner for any after taste in the freshwater
perfectly safe
and thats coming from a 45 year career plumber nobody has sued me yet after winterising their second homes
BLOODYBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #12

The pump is likely behind the wet bay at the same level as your basement floor. Now the trick is getting in there. My 5er has an access panel but the builder didnt put it close to the access panel so I had to crawl into the basement through another basement door after removing the outdoor fridge and the panel behind it. I then relocated the pump to be near the access panel for future use.

I'm telling that story because if I were in your situation, I'd find a way into the enclosed section of the basement, one way or another. Once there, you'll be able to find the pump and the 'proper' access panel for future use.

Good luck.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter