Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
We built ours at ground level. The rig was at dealer getting some warranty work done when pics where taken. We can take it in and out without having to worry about being and inch or so one way or the other. The deck is 4' from camper, this alows for the slide out to come out and not be in the way and still use the awning on the slide.

In pic 1 you see a set of steps that can b moved in and out so camper can come and go. The top step is 1 inch lower then the door.
Pic 2 is a wall that helped level the site. The fence is there as a wind break for the skirting. The 18 x 18 pads are 4 inches of concrete for the tires and leveling system.
Pic 3 and 4 are just the rest of deck. The entire deck was built in 4 sections.
Pic 5 shows the camper in place with the steps. I only had a pic that way with Christmas lights and skirting.
Very nice!
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #22

We built 6 4x8 sections for our seasonal site. This allows for easy removal at the end of the season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2300.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	186185  
PCWestlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCWestlake View Post
We built 6 4x8 sections for our seasonal site. This allows for easy removal at the end of the season.
This looks great and the entire family looks so happy about it.

I did have one more general comment on decks and campgrounds. Seems that campers enjoy building decks but they do not seem to like maintaining them. In conversations, they dread cleaning and re-staining or re-painting them. At least consider using some of the zero maintenance, plastic type decking. Easy to keep clean and in the future, no painting or staining is required. I know that they are slightly more expensive but if you shop around, you can find a deal sometimes on these boards.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
Site Team

I had forgotten about this thread.

I guess as the OP, I can give a little update. Our deck is about 95% complete. The only thing it needs now is railings. We built it all in sections over 2 weekends with the help of some of our camping neighbors that are pretty good at measuring and cutting wood and have the tools to do it right.

The main part is 18X10 and built in 3 6x10 sections. Then we have another section in front of that for our screen room which is 11x13.

Right now I only have pictures of when our main section was done. I'll have to get some more later when it's finished.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote