Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
We didn't take a ride either because of the rain. I hope they got as much as we did. That sure would get rid of the snow. We really want a shed but don't think we will this year. We will get one of the plastic ones. Probably 8x8 size. They have a lawnmower we can use so don't need that but it is nice to keep stuff out of the elements. By time you put the base down and then the shed it's almost $1000 depending on size of shed so I will save up for next season. I have way too much I bought for the site already this year.
I guess they didn't get as much rain there as we did in Two Rivers. We got over 2 inches in Manitowoc County. Our CG owner said some of the roads are drying out and some still have snow. We decided not to go anyway. We have so much to bring up though! I've been buying stuff like crazy and need to stop!! We actually bought a shed but it is not plastic. It is not metal either...more like a tarp material. I will post a pic to it. It was $139 on sale. The plastic sheds are so expensive.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #82

Well apparently I don't know how to post a link! The shed is called ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box 10' x 10' x 8' Grey Peak Style Shelter and we bought it at Menards. It will be good to store our 4 wheeler.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I think we tried that with our Jensen with no luck. It gets the the DVD loading screen and then says error. It doesn't read the DVD.
It is not a blue ray DVD is it? If so it will not play in your Jenson.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #84

No, it is just a regular DVD. I tried several. I just think it is shot. If it is does anyone know if I can hook up an external Blu Ray player and have it go through the camper speakers?
Old 04-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #85

We had several thunderstorms roll thru yesterday, lots of rain, lightening and thunder. It forced us to stay inside the camper to clean and put stuff away. Fireplace kept us nice and toasty all day. Got a couple breaks to take the dog for walks. Too wet to blow leaves so that's on the '2du' list for next weekend. Sure felt good sleeping in the camper last night.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #86

Where do you camp again Wiscampsin? Sounds like a great day to me...even with being stuck indoors. I would have plenty to do on the inside. We probably won't get to go now till the last weekend in April
Old 04-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Where do you camp again Wiscampsin? Sounds like a great day to me...even with being stuck indoors. I would have plenty to do on the inside. We probably won't get to go now till the last weekend in April
Kilby Lake Campground, just west of Montello in Marquette County. Yeah, it's nice to get all the inside stuff done. Only things we still have to do is hang the bird houses/feeders, blow the leaves, and hook up the water. Water is supposed to be turned on Tuesday, weather permitting. Looking at the forecasted temps I think it might be more like Wednesday.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #88

Quote:
No, it is just a regular DVD. I tried several. I just think it is shot. If it is does anyone know if I can hook up an external Blu Ray player and have it go through the camper speakers?
You should be able wire the blue ray just like the old DVD player. Check with the store where you buy it but there should be audio out jacks on the blue ray just like your DVD player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #89
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

FYI, jensen has on line manuals, google Jensen and the model of your TV( such las LE3214) and owners manual ("Jensen LE3214 owner's manual") . It shows connections to all sorts of inputs.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #90
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Yes, you can hook up anything you want to the TV. Get the jacks on on the backside right and simply plug in your bluray to the terminals. The TV manual will show the right locations, has lots of diagrams for every configuration.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 04-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #91

But will the sound play through just the TV speakers or will it play through the Jensen system speakers (the surround speakers in the camper)?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #92

Okay, now lets talk food. I am assuming people leave stuff in their fridge and leave the fridge on all season. What about dry food in the cabinet? Do you put it all in sealed containers or just leave it in the box/bag it came in? Are mice a problem at all during the summer months?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #93

Quote:
Okay, now lets talk food. I am assuming people leave stuff in their fridge and leave the fridge on all season. What about dry food in the cabinet? Do you put it all in sealed containers or just leave it in the box/bag it came in? Are mice a problem at all during the summer months?

Fridge stays stocked with basics - bring fresh groceries as needed - most pantry items are in bags or plastic storage containers to keep fresher longer - never had any mice problems during summer....boxed things not opened yet are ok in original packages too
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Fridge stays stocked with basics - bring fresh groceries as needed - most pantry items are in bags or plastic storage containers to keep fresher longer - never had any mice problems during summer....boxed things not opened yet are ok in original packages too
X2. Only thing we keep sealed up in a big baggie is sugar for the coffee.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #95

Quote:
We leave slides out all season and wash our rig at least twice during summer
We put awning away if it gets nasty and every time we go home
We turn off water when we go home as well as hot water heater and A/C or furnace
We leave propane on in case of power outage so fridge switches automatically
+1
Nights Camped 2013: 80
Nights Camped 2014: 79
jolsem725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #96

Why not shower outside?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Why not shower outside?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Forest River Forums mobile app

We bought the RV so we don't have to do stuff like that 👍👍
Old 04-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #98
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

You couldn't have said it better heavynlori!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #99

Quote:
We bought the RV so we don't have to do stuff like that 👍👍
Yeah, sometimes people make me laugh. Now, to each his own. I don't care how the next guy does it but we spend 10's of thousands of dollars on these rigs and then worry about saving $100 a year in propane or whatever it might be. This is an expensive hobby to have so why worry about the little stuff?

To the food question, we will have an extra mini fridge as well. Beverages will go in that fridge so if there is a power outage, no harm done. Leave the inside fridge so it will run on propane and then everything will stay nice and cold until the following weekend. Only other thing you might have to consider in the dry food is possibly melting stuff. When it gets hot out and your rig is all closed up it gets pretty stuffy in there. If you have chocolates or something like that it could melt. Might want to throw those in the fridge.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #100

Oh yeah the Hershey bars stay in the fridge 😉

Tags
camping, first time