Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Are most of ya'll sites with out plumbed sewer?
All the sites I've looked at had sewer plumbed. It would be a no go for me if it didn't.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

We have to buy our tank and pay for pumping but our rent is pretty cheap. In the North woods most don't have sewer. We are out in the middle of nowhere.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #42

Oh...Really...if using the RV shower you just cannot let it run till your done?? I don't like that idea. Maybe...I don't know...I've never tried it...

We actually have a holding tank that we had to buy. It is a black 300 gallon tank that slides under the camper. Then the campground will come around to pump out as needed.

Speaking of pumping out when using the exterior holding tank how do I know when to pump out??? Oh boy! Maybe I am in trouble as I don't know a thing!!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #43

First Time Seasonal Camping ~ Some Questions

Our seasonal has gray water dump pits also - we run a garden hose over to it as needed to empty shower and kitchen grey water so not a problem and honey wagon every week so no disposal issues for us at all!! Just sit back and enjoy 😉
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Our seasonal has gray water dump pits also so not a problem and honey wagon every week so no disposal issues for us at all!! Just sit back and enjoy 😉
Honey wagon??
Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #45
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Our seasonal has gray water dump pits also so not a problem and honey wagon every week so no disposal issues for us at all!! Just sit back and enjoy 😉
That wouldn't be too bad at all

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Honey wagon??

Haha yeah it is what we call the guy - they are the service for the portapots that the campground puts out for tent sections and the truck will pump our black tanks but not gray as it fills their truck too fast -
Old 04-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #47

Quote:
Thanks again everyone! So it seems several of us on this thread are from WI. When does your campground open up and when will you have your first weekend at the camper? My campground is still covered in snow!!!
Ours is gated and you can go in anytime of the year but the office is open and water is on from April 15 - October 15. DW and I are opening ours this weekend, just have to bring our own water.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #48

We are open April 1 to November 1 - went down last weekend to survey spring clean up - doing that this Friday and taking new Crusader on Sunday to our riverfront getaway for the summer ☀️
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #49

Ours is open May 1st but I'm not sure when the water is actually on. We also can go in all year and I talked to a gal whose family actually camps through winter as they go ice fishing. The campground plows the road to their camper and they go in and turn the heat on and head out fishing. Not sure if I wanna do that! We did camp a weekend in November last year as my husband and the campground owner and some other friends went pheasant hunting in the area. I am very anxious to get going and get up there to see if the camper made it through the winter!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Our seasonal has gray water dump pits also - we run a garden hose over to it as needed to empty shower and kitchen grey water so not a problem and honey wagon every week so no disposal issues for us at all!! Just sit back and enjoy 😉
Quote:
That wouldn't be too bad at all

In Wisconsin it's illegal to dump grey water on the ground.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #51

Quote:
We are open April 1 to November 1 - went down last weekend to survey spring clean up - doing that this Friday and taking new Crusader on Sunday to our riverfront getaway for the summer ☀️
Where are you at Lori? What has the weather been like?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post

Yes they are gradually changing the laws here in Ohio too but has not made it to ours yet - we know it will be coming
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Oh...Really...if using the RV shower you just cannot let it run till your done?? I don't like that idea. Maybe...I don't know...I've never tried it...
Remember your camper water heater isn't as big as the one you have at home.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post

Really? Another thing I did not know. You are a wealth of knowledge for me!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #55

Quote:
Where are you at Lori? What has the weather been like?

We live on Lake Erie but camp in Mohican area for the summer - snow is finally gone here and forecast near 65-70 this weekend - perfect for starting the season - it has been the worst winter on record here - more snow than the blizzard of 1978
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #56

Nothing saying you can't turn the water on and leave it on during your whole shower. You just might run out of hot water and fill up your tanks quickly.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
Nothing saying you can't turn the water on and leave it on during your whole shower. You just might run out of hot water and fill up your tanks quickly.
Ahhhh....got it! Makes sense.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #58

65-70 would be fantastic! Sadly, around here the weather stinks! It has been nice but not many days of it. I am just happy it is above freezing I guess. I live in Two Rivers. Right on Lake Michigan so it is always colder here. I think it is only supposed to be in the low 40's this weekend....blah.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #59

Quote:
65-70 would be fantastic! Sadly, around here the weather stinks! It has been nice but not many days of it. I am just happy it is above freezing I guess. I live in Two Rivers. Right on Lake Michigan so it is always colder here. I think it is only supposed to be in the low 40's this weekend....blah.

I have/had relatives from Two Rivers - aunt and uncle with several kids - not sure how many of them still live there - parents have passed away already so not in touch with cousins as used to be....
Old 04-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #60
Minnesotan

Plumbed

Quote:
Are most of ya'll sites with out plumbed sewer?
All the sites I've looked at had sewer plumbed. It would be a no go for me if it didn't.

The campground I reserved a site at is plumbed. My bed and my shower. The last hotel I stayed in had bed bugs 10/13. I didn't reserve it. I promptly booked and paid for a different hotel. This will be the 1st RV I've owned. I did hook my Dad and his wife up with the campground owner and they will be the campground hosts. Plus my sister has a site reserved. I'm learning so much from this site and talking with anyone who owns an RV.
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, first time