Old 10-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #31

My Seasonal Spot

I just made my seasonal spot and its free I just have to do the up keep myself, I mow it, it isn't totally level but good enough, there is only a 100 foot extension cord with 120v for the battery charger to recharge the battery pack or run the genny, I do have water, there aren't any other people around to bug me and it’s about a million square foot of space to move around on. Its easy to park and I can always move to another senic spot. It also has a pond stocked with Channel Cat and I feed them, it has its own fishing pier with water and electric at the pier. There's lots of wood for bond fires. It is secluded in the pine trees/hard woods and it is 9 miles to the closest little town if you need anything. There is lots of wildlife moving around to watch and eat them if you like, the view is nice and the air is clean and there is no city noise to be had here, LOL. Here's a few pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1695.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	525.4 KB
ID:	65473

Name:	IMAG1701.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	65474

Name:	IMAG0162.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	65475

Name:	IMAG0738.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	601.8 KB
ID:	65476

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
I just made my seasonal spot and its free I just have to do the up keep myself, I mow it, it isn't totally level but good enough, there is only a 100 foot extension cord with 120v for the battery charger to recharge the battery pack or run the genny, I do have water, there aren't any other people around to bug me and it’s about a million square foot of space to move around on. Its easy to park and I can always move to another senic spot. It also has a pond stocked with Channel Cat and I feed them, it has its own fishing pier with water and electric at the pier. There's lots of wood for bond fires. It is secluded in the pine trees/hard woods and it is 9 miles to the closest little town if you need anything. There is lots of wildlife moving around to watch and eat them if you like, the view is nice and the air is clean and there is no city noise to be had here, LOL. Here's a few pics.

Attachment 65473

Attachment 65474

Attachment 65475

Attachment 65476

We have the same option too right out our back door but a change in scenery is always part of the getaway 👍👍😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We have the same option too right out our back door but a change in scenery is always part of the getaway ������

That is true but its easy to hook up and drive to another get away for a bit then when you return your spot is still there. LOL I'll be doing alot of camping the rest of this year til mid Jan. 2015 I have several locations in mind here in Texas, and Louisiana, and Arkansas then back. I'm excited about the adventure.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #34

Enjoy your season !!! Ours is already filled with the red kool-aid and parked for winter ❄️⛄️

Old 10-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #35

Oh dang, you must be up there where its cold already. I hope the winter here is easy on me. It really doesn't get bad here that often. Enjoy your winter, spring is on the way.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #36

Yeah NW Ohio can be brutal

Only 154 days till season starts next spring ☀️

Old 10-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #37

We have 8 months of heat wave, and 4 months of cool weather. We only have 3 seasons here really. Summer, Fall a little, then spring a little then hot again. LOL
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #38

Not a fan of the heat.....rather have 8 cool and four cold 😉

Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #39
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
EXGMTech - Do you know what site you'll be getting and any chance you can do a test week or month before committing to avoid something similiar to the above?

Friends of ours had 3 now 4 kids (age 7 and below) and just finished their first year at a new seasonal site which they love. Funny thing happened at the end of this season though, both of their neighbors have pulled up roots. One bought another trailer elsewhere in the park and the other is just selling.

Things that make ya go Hmmmmm.
We already scoped out the neighbor next door (we're a corner lot) turns out to be a retired couple from our home town that live not far from us! Very nice, been there a long time (park model not moving).
It's a gated cg and that is a plus in my DW's mind....to me no biggy as it's in the heart of Amish country. Oh, and it's a rather strict cg...out of hand/noisy campers are not tolerated...this is why so many families rave about it..& super clean too!

I bit the bullet this morning & signed us up....we be there opening day (4/1/15) trailer n stuff in tow. We're excited about it....almost feels like I just booked a cruise!! Now to find a golf cart!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #40

my wife and have a seasonal site that we absolutely love we have been seasonal campers since 2006 that year we bought our tt a new 30f Cherokee that we love we have neighbors on only one side of us as we are site 1 at our cg and there's only 30 sites we pay 1550per season and pay our own electricity off of our own meter water,garbage and full hookup included nice site lots of trees and shade less than 50 yards from the lake and only 20 minutes from home if its raining all day we close up and go home if we want we can drive out after work anytime during the week and enjoy great campground we started with a tent went to a pop up and now this for the last few years we are going to buy a pop up for trips next year still enjoy that to have fun all