Old 12-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1

Seasonal Campers

Hey Everyone! Well.. we are gonna give it a try.. 4th year campers going seasonal. We signed up a few days ago and I just gotta ask.. is there anything we should watch out for? Does the campground do anything else for us?? Would appreciate any input or info from the more experienced crowd! Thank you!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Howdy. We are loooooooong time campers, pretty loooong time RV'ers. And have one season of seasonal camping under our belt and signed on for many more. We love it.

One thing I learned is that different places have different rules, ammenities, and different things included in price. Many of my friends have seasonals where...even the grass is mowed for them. (of course, they pay much more than I do!) We take care of our own lawns, trees, and are encouraged to landscape however we like. Extra work...yes. But you can make it as nice or as basic as you choose.

Let us know if you have any specific questions. I love to talk 'seasonal!'

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #3

Well Thank you! I guess the `grounds` takes care of our site.. i think. they do have a broadcasted wi-fi signal through the entire campground..yippie! no cable or satellite yet..but they are workin on it.. we camp every other weekend anyway so this seasonal thing just seemed to be the right thing to do. plus our rig is much much bigger for this season and i really dont want to be haulin it around all the time.

we almost signed at a co-op campground..but figured none of our freinds could bring there rigs up so we went with a regular ground. our site is away from `weekender alley`should be nice and quiet for the dogs!
2 pools..arcade..plenty of activitys.. should be fun!

and the best part bein..if this isnt the home for us..we move to another place for the 09 season!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Camping is different to all people.
Our resort is 'seasonal camping only'...no other camping allowed.
The grounds are nicely wooded, serene with some ponds, and large acreage to explore. The big lake is right across the road...but not on the property itself. There are golf cart trails all over, a basketball court...and that's about it for activities. Kids pretty much tool around on carts all day.
Everyone has quite large wooded lots with full hookups, and we can pretty much do what we want there. There are cable Tv, and phone hookups...but you pay the bills on those.
They mow all the common areas, but we mow our lots.
I love our resort because it's quiet with a back to nature feel, has no overnight campers/partiers that are away from Mom for a weekend of binge drinking...you get the idea.

There are a lot of things to like about seasonal camping. This was just the right thing to do, and the right time. I look forward to summer like never before!

I will say this: It' s much more like having a cabin in the woods or at the lake than 'camping.' I enjoy both methods, but at this time in my life....I'm done moving from place to place. I just want some stress free relaxing.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
We've been doing the seasonal thing for 22 years. One advantage that has not been mentioned is that you can look for a site in a County where the personal property tax rate is lower than where you live. In our case we are able to save enough to pay for 1/3 of the seasonal fee. Also, you can pull out and travel whenever you want and, with a storage shed, not have to worry about where you are going to leave all the extras that you don't take on the road with you. Did I mention making new friends and enjoying group activities/travel with them?

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #6

do what i do when theirs no cable . i have directv at home and a portable dish for the camper ,when i leave home i grab the boxes out of the kids room .
Old 12-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #7

Welcome to the world of seasonal camping My wife and I have been seasonal for 3 summers now and LOVE it We bought a new 30 ft Cherroke and had it delivered right to our site and haven't moved it Ww have only not gone to our camper 2 weekends in the last 3 years One thing you may want to think about is mounting your camper on blocks instead of just using the cranck down jacks it takes a little time to get it leval but its well worth the time spent doing it Have a great season and have fun
Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
The Jolly Mon

Bluebird....I don't understand about the property tax thing. Care to elaborate?

j2...Ours was delivered to site and set up on blocks. It is very stable. They also used the crank downs as well for the corners.

We bought a plastic shed to store things in. Just in case we wanted to move/quit the campground if we didn't like it the first season.
Now we know we'd like to stay for the long haul...so we are thinking more permanant. (ie...large wooden deck) Things can still be moved off or taken apart anyway. (I've already outgrown my shed!)

Old 12-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #9

I was thinking wether or not to put it up on blocks. the underside of the trailer is enclosed with some sorta hard plastic sheeting so i don`t recall if i can get to the frame or not. will have to do some more inspecting in the spring! i definatly didnt like the rocking feeling in the other trailer!

j2`s post about the tax didnt make much sense to me..i would love to hear more too!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
The Jolly Mon

The underbelly of our PT is also enclosed, but the frame members hang below where they sit on blocks. It is perfectly stable with zero movement.