Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:16 AM   #541
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Never had problems storing my unit at home, just at the campground.

Pick up a 4 pack of them yesterday and plugged them in the camper. According to my meter they draw 0 amps, so it much of a load on the wfco.

Is it optional to leave the battery hooked up? Or can I take it home? Dont want it to freeze (I know the wfco will trickle charge it.

Removed one dead mouse yesterday. Last 4 weeks of the season I been catching mice in traps and seeing mice droppings.
Threw mothballs under the camper, on frame and in outside storage area. Scented mouse repellent packs , bounce sheets and steel-wool in every gap.

As far as the dodge boy goes....well he is a Cubs fan so I can give him a pass.
It's not suggested to run the wfco without a battery however, they are assuming lights and 12v items being used.
you don't or won't need any 12v items anyway, you could just shut the breaker off to the wfco. No?
Old 10-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #542
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
It's not suggested to run the wfco without a battery however, they are assuming lights and 12v items being used.
you don't or won't need any 12v items anyway, you could just shut the breaker off to the wfco. No?
Thought breakers were for 110v and fuses 12v. If I shut the main breaker off there is no power.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #543
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Shut only the converter breaker off.
Converter is 110v.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:49 AM   #544

If you haven't found a place yet, Last week we booked at a County Park in Melbourne Fl. They had a lot of spots, don't know how long you can stay. We are only staying overnight and then down to Florida City for 2 mos. But plan on spending a week there in March on the way back home.

Thanks for the info. We are flying down in February to visit family and plan on checking out campgrounds/ RV Resorts. We are researching for next winter. I think there is a 160 day limit at the county parks wich will work nicely for us.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you haven't found a place yet, Last week we booked at a County Park in Melbourne Fl. They had a lot of spots, don't know how long you can stay. We are only staying overnight and then down to Florida City for 2 mos. But plan on spending a week there in March on the way back home.
Thanks for the info. We are flying down in February to visit family and plan on checking out campgrounds/ RV Resorts. We are researching for next winter. I think there is a 160 day limit at the county parks wich will work nicely for us.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post

Just got back from ORA Melbourne Beach, Wednesday through Monday, daytime highs 84 to 88, nighttime low 70-72 degrees.

It was unbelievable; the steady stream of RV’s headed southbound on I-95. After the last couple of winters, many in our resort got an earlier start, opting to fly back for the holiday’s, rather than risk getting snowed in again…
Old 11-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #547

Excuse my ignorance, ORA?

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #548

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, ORA?
Outdoor Resorts of America.

They were a chain of campgrounds that sold off to individual lot owners beginning in the early 1980's. Many locations still carry the banner.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #549
Phat Phrog

Quote:

Hi Glen! Your plans sound terrific! Can I ask, where in Florida City to you go?
Hope you two are doing great!

XLR Owners United!
Old 11-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hi Glen! Your plans sound terrific! Can I ask, where in Florida City to you go?
Hope you two are doing great!

XLR Owners United!
Hi, We are going to Southern Comfort RV Resort Phone # 305-248-6909, They had a lot of sites left cost $640.00 per month. 20 mins from both Miami and Key largo, good home base. We will be in space #219, right across from the Tiki Bar, Plus olympic size heated pool, Come on down, the best we have found. Can always drive down to key west it right at the high way down to the keys. Hope to see you .... PS: then March 1st we will be at the frog rally in Tampa for a week at Lazy days. Check the FROG site 199.00 plus tax for 3 days including meals everyday.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #551

Hint: Dont use steel wool it will rust and leave a mess. Use bronz wool available at West Marine and most marine stores. Old sailor trick.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #552
Site Team

Quote:
Hint: Dont use steel wool it will rust and leave a mess. Use bronz wool available at West Marine and most marine stores. Old sailor trick.
On?
Old 11-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #553

It was a reply to an earlyer post by
Platokidd about mice getting into his camper.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #554
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Hi, We are going to Southern Comfort RV Resort Phone # 305-248-6909, They had a lot of sites left cost $640.00 per month. 20 mins from both Miami and Key largo, good home base. We will be in space #219, right across from the Tiki Bar, Plus olympic size heated pool, Come on down, the best we have found. Can always drive down to key west it right at the high way down to the keys. Hope to see you .... PS: then March 1st we will be at the frog rally in Tampa for a week at Lazy days. Check the FROG site 199.00 plus tax for 3 days including meals everyday.

Thank you Glen! I will google it and check it out!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #555

Interesting thread. Looking for a place for a seasonal spot. Next summer I will revisit my favorite places and try a few new ones. Still a few places I want to see before settling into a seasonal spot.Perhaps the following summer I might try seasonal and one tourist trip. It would be nice to have a place I can show up as often as I want and stay as long as I want.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:04 AM   #556
Site Team

Quote:
It was a reply to an earlyer post by
Platokidd about mice getting into his camper.
Thanks for the tip about bronze wool. But for me its kinda late as my unit is covered for the off season. I cant gain access to those areas now.
Hopefully I will get lucky and not have a rusted mess.
I used the steel wool where there are holes in the floor to the underbelly.(pipes wires and such.)

Zelda the campin dog
Old 11-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #557

You may be OK with steel wool if it doesn't get exposed to much moisture.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 11-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #558
Site Team

Quote:
You may be OK with steel wool if it doesn't get exposed to much moisture.
Have several damp-rid buckets in the unit. Never had a problem with moisture since using them. Couple of holes I want to plug in the frame, think there Im going for the bronze wool. Want to keep them varmints outta the underbelly.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 11-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #559

We have been seasonal campers for a couple of years now,I love it but the DW is still a little put off (don't really know why and yes I've asked her lol). We stated out tent camping but the older we got the more we found it a little to much for us. We then did the KOA up here in the Kamping Cabins and that got expensive.
So we looked at a number of CG's in Ontario and found one that we fell in love with Happy Hills in Embro Ontario about an hour and a half from our house.
We bought a 1992 Glendette Cottager that was a POS to say the least but it was ours.
We had a number of problems with this unit which I won't get into here but I finally convinced the DW we needed a new trailer.
We found one we both liked and could afford the Wildwood 402QBQ and took delivery in late Aug.
I've stayed a few nights and can't say enough good things about this model. It's all winterized right now and I can't wait for spring to really start enjoying it.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #560

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Thanks for the tip about bronze wool. But for me its kinda late as my unit is covered for the off season. I cant gain access to those areas now.
Hopefully I will get lucky and not have a rusted mess.
I used the steel wool where there are holes in the floor to the underbelly.(pipes wires and such.)
Hi i used copper scrubbies or stainless from Wallymart. Jammed the plumbing holes and then pumped silicone or foam in around. Stops the chewing once they hit the metal.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Closed Thread