Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 06:10 AM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingRDH View Post
I wasn't just looking at sheds online yesterday. Not sure about a deck, their rules are quite picky
We purchased a shed for the first year of our seasonal camping. We now wish we would have purchased a larger shed!!! We didn't want to spend too much for the larger shed . . . but we have learned. We do have a size limitations for the shed. We added shelves in the shed for easy access to items for camping. Our camper only has one storage area so the shed was necessary.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoheel View Post
We decided to add a deck and a screen tent. Made the deck larger than the the tent but within the size limitations of our campground. The screen tent is 12 x 12. We added wooden steps into the camper with a landing at the top of the steps to make it easier to get in and out plus placed the steps on the deck to make it easier for us and to keep our feet clean before entering the camper. The deck was placed on sand and cement 'disks' to level the deck.
I know our decks need to be in ( no bigger than ) 4' x 10' sections, but haven't seen any other rules. Plan to pay more attention to other campsites this season to see what we might like. Keep looking at pix on Pinterest LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoheel View Post
We purchased a shed for the first year of our seasonal camping. We now wish we would have purchased a larger shed!!! We didn't want to spend too much for the larger shed . . . but we have learned. We do have a size limitations for the shed. We added shelves in the shed for easy access to items for camping. Our camper only has one storage area so the shed was necessary.
We purchased a shed from Menards out 1st year and wish we would've gone larger too. Ours was a 7' X 7'6". We are allowed 2 sheds per site so we added a smaller one for lawnmower, garden tools, etc.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #764

Took our new shed to our site yesterday. There was quite a bit of activity with other seasonals. During our time cleaning up and such, the campground manager (owners son) stopped by. It was really great to see a second generation owner have so much passion for trying to run a quality campground. After going over the rules of being a seasonal and the campground in general, he says "now be completely honest. What dont you like about our campground?" We gave him our short list (need a bigger pool and a dog park). He listened to our concerns... and then assured us that both will be coming soon.
He then proceeded to tell us that even though the campground doesnt officially open until mid April, we're welcome to camp w/o water starting April 1. The wife said my face came alive when he said that. Looks like i'll be pulling my camper out of storage early this year.
I also asked him about washing my camper (water is included in seasonal fees)... since i asked this question earlier in the thread, i thought i would chime in with our answer. His response was "wash it as much as you want. I'd rather you keep your camper looking nice than for me to try and save a couple bucks."
All in all, we're really looking forward to getting out there and spending time at our "vacation home".
Old 03-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #765
Just as confused as you

We've been seasonals since 2004. The nice thing about being seasonal is you can make your site your own. Lights, furniture, deck, and patio pavers. People you make friends with over the years and look forward to seeing again. We have a couple which we meet up with once or twice during the winter for lunch or supper. The others live too far away for get togethers.

Then there's the down side of friends you lose from financial reasons, jobs take them away, or health reasons.

But it seems to equalize out in the end because you always meet new friends.

The main thing is to enjoy your time family and friends and as the slogan they have at the cg, "Make New Friends And Memories."
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 03-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We purchased a shed from Menards out 1st year and wish we would've gone larger too. Ours was a 7' X 7'6". We are allowed 2 sheds per site so we added a smaller one for lawnmower, garden tools, etc.
A lot of people at our campground use the fabric golf cart shelters. We have to draw out a diagram and submit it to the park inspector to get approval to put one up (we're looking at a ShelterLogic one from Menards). Our campground has a lot of rules about what you can and can't do on your site, but it keeps things looking nice.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #767

Three years ago we were able to purchase a used golf cart. While the campground is not very large, it has been useful to carry us around and take out the garbage and other stuff to the cg garbage bin. And now with my Charcot Foot, it will save my feet from being sore or getting worse. We store the cart in our garage, fortunately we're able to fit it into the garage. It has been useful. We also allowed out niece to drive it as she practiced for her license before she got into a car! We also store bikes at the cg and place a bike cover [Amazon] over the bikes. Wife and I like riding.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #768

Here's our site for the season. We had a choice of a few sites and could have picked one that was more private, but we chose this one because it's super close to the pool and all the other amenities for the kids. We'll see how the summer goes.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9776.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	133237
Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #769

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Here's our site for the season. We had a choice of a few sites and could have picked one that was more private, but we chose this one because it's super close to the pool and all the other amenities for the kids. We'll see how the summer goes.
Attachment 133237
Looks like a very nice site [emoji106] KDHfan
Old 04-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #770

Our Seasonal Site

Sun Valley Camp Resort located in Bowmansville PA. Been there since July 2012
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0559.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	642.4 KB
ID:	133710  
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Looks very nice & relaxing !
Old 04-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #772

Opened our Seasonal site RV and stayed Friday and Saturday night. Everything worked and came back to life in our RV perfectly. No mice. Going back next weekend. Great to be open for the year.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #773

Congrats to all who are able to open up for the season and begin the fifth season of the year . . . Camping Season
Old 04-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingRDH View Post
Talk and pics of golf carts...want to show you guys mine
Very nice. Do you have a patent on your production?
Old 04-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #775

No
Old 04-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #776

Hi all, I have posted a few times to the general forums. My family and I are about to have our first trailer (a Wildwood KQBTS (I think those are the letters), 2014 (1 previous owner) ) towed to the campground tomorrow, in South Jersey.

Asked for some tips in another post and one that immediately stood out was the EMS surge protector. No one at the dealer mentioned this to me, and I assume the previous owner did not install one. I am thinking I will get a plug in protector since I want to have it as soon as we plug in.

This got me thinking about a more general question (again, a newbie so I have lots of, I assume, basic questions.). When you leave your seasonal site for a few days or longer, do you unplug the power cord? I was thinking of this because I was wondering about the surge protector and that chances that someone would take it. Seems like we are at a nice place, but it did cross my mind.

Thanks for your help!

Joe
Old 04-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #777

If you wish to have the fridge cold keep unit plugged in.

But you raised a thought in my mind, do you use the power surge that is portable or do you install directly to pedastal? I am leaning to get a new one but it will be portable since I don't want to install on the pedestal
Old 04-06-2017, 04:40 PM   #778

We never unplug our unit. But our surge protector is hard wired inside our unit.

Hard wiring it is easy enough to do. I'd hate to have to empty out the frig each time I left for a few days.

Russell
Old 04-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetab1977 View Post
Hi all, I have posted a few times to the general forums. My family and I are about to have our first trailer (a Wildwood KQBTS (I think those are the letters), 2014 (1 previous owner) ) towed to the campground tomorrow, in South Jersey.

Asked for some tips in another post and one that immediately stood out was the EMS surge protector. No one at the dealer mentioned this to me, and I assume the previous owner did not install one. I am thinking I will get a plug in protector since I want to have it as soon as we plug in.

This got me thinking about a more general question (again, a newbie so I have lots of, I assume, basic questions.). When you leave your seasonal site for a few days or longer, do you unplug the power cord? I was thinking of this because I was wondering about the surge protector and that chances that someone would take it. Seems like we are at a nice place, but it did cross my mind.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

That's a good point. We didn't have one on our prior camper, we looked around and none of the seasonal or daily campers had one. So we took our chances. This year we are putting an EMS on and we'll probably leave it plugged in when we're not there. Guess we'll see what happens. I'll be back to post if ours gets taken...and I'll be kicking myself for leaving it there when we're not.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Nice site.
Closed Thread