Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #841

Nice unit. Plenty of room and nice slide outs. Enjoy the time in your residence.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Rose View Post
Attachment 134733
Had our PDI today. All went well and it will be delivered to our site on a Monday and be set up. Cannot wait to move in.
Congrats, Nice rig.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #843

Seasonal camping thread

First full day at our new seasonal. Love it here already.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9882.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	134772
Old 04-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #844

About to finish our first weekend in our first trailer! Everything has gone smoothly. Thanks to you guys and this forum. We plan on coming back in two weeks. Black tank is 1/3 filled. Gray tank has been open. Do you typically let the blank tank sit like this, if we will be back in a few weeks? Or get rid of its contents now? Thanks!

Joe
Old 04-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
I havent read the whole thread yet, so if its been discussed, feel free to let me know... but... do you all leave your slideout in the out position all year, or bring it in each time you leave?
As seasonal once we open it up in the Spring, the slide outs stay out until we are ready to close up for the year in the Fall. The slide outs are extended out just as if we are living in it while we are gone.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetab1977 View Post
About to finish our first weekend in our first trailer! Everything has gone smoothly. Thanks to you guys and this forum. We plan on coming back in two weeks. Black tank is 1/3 filled. Gray tank has been open. Do you typically let the blank tank sit like this, if we will be back in a few weeks? Or get rid of its contents now? Thanks!

Joe
So long as you had plenty of water and the drop in tabs, in the black tank, you should be fine.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:30 AM   #847

Quote:

Joe
YOu can leave the 'stuff' in the tank if you have enough material to work on the 'stuff'. Otherwise, just fill up with water to over 3/4 full and then flush it out. Then add more water and black tank solution or tab.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #848

Quote:
I havent read the whole thread yet, so if its been discussed, feel free to let me know... but... do you all leave your slideout in the out position all year, or bring it in each time you leave?

On my 2008 Class C we left the slide out all season. We now have a destination park model and at the PDI the RV tech told me to leave them out all season but it is good to move them in and out every 6 weeks. Also to lube the tracks with slide lube and casket should be foamed cleaned at least once a year.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #849

We had amazing weather yesterday for our first weekend -- at least 20 degrees above average! I was NOT expecting 80s in the middle of April, but I'm glad I looked at the forecast and threw in a pair of shorts just in case.

Today, the weather changed and we woke up to everything being soaking wet. It was SO nice to just leave everything to dry out rather than having to pack it all up and worry about it. All the main things at our site are set up now, and we'll be back in a couple of weeks to really get the season rolling.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #850

Quote:

Joe

Our plan is to dump at the end of each trip and clean it out via the black tank flush.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRedbird View Post
We had amazing weather yesterday for our first weekend -- at least 20 degrees above average! I was NOT expecting 80s in the middle of April, but I'm glad I looked at the forecast and threw in a pair of shorts just in case.

Today, the weather changed and we woke up to everything being soaking wet. It was SO nice to just leave everything to dry out rather than having to pack it all up and worry about it. All the main things at our site are set up now, and we'll be back in a couple of weeks to really get the season rolling.

Good to hear you had a good first trip at your new site. Looks like you got everything cleaned up nice.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #852

I ended up leaving the trailer not doing anything with our black tank. We were there for the weekend, our first, at it is currently 1/3 filled. We were in a bit of a time crunch to get back to Philly for Easter dinner, and I didn't want to empty the tank without knowing 100% what I was doing. Our plan is to go back in 2 weeks, but we might go back this weekend, especially if I should have emptied the tank. I also noticed that the refrigerator 'check' light popped on right as we were about to leave today. The fridge and freezer seemed to be working fine, so I am not sure what is going on. I did decide to bring the slide-outs in. There are three of them. The mechanic who did the pre delivery inspection was adamant that slide outs are often a source of water penetration and, in his judgement, if I am not in the trailer, should be brought in. I understand that this opinion seems to be a minority opinion based on what I have read on this site.

As I think I mentioned previously, the campground set us up, moving the trailer to the site and attaching the sewage hose and the water line. This is what the sewage hose looks like. I have read repeatedly the benefits of having a clear connection so you can see when your black line is actually clean.

This is the connection as it currently looks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5y...ew?usp=sharing

If I am going to switch to the clear connection, I think I need some help. Which part should I buy? What precautions should I take before making this switch? Thanks for your help!

Oh yeah, I also learned that the grill on the bumper (with a swivel) that hooks up to the trailer gas line is really convenient, but it didn't work very well. It was really dirty, so I did my best to clean it up. Once it was cleaned up, I did have a steady flame, but I wasn't happy with the burgers I tried to cook. Took a lot longer than I am used to. I loved the convenience of hooking up to the gas line, but I think I need a new grill. I have done some reading and have seen that most, if not all, table sized grills need some modifications in order to connect to the trailer's line. Not sure I am going to do that with so many other things to do.

So, if any of you have any, I am looking for some recommendations on smaller gas grills that you use.

Joe
Old 04-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #853

Disco the hose connector. Twist to the left to disengage from the ears. Clear connector then twists onto the drain pipe where you just pulled the hose from. Then the hose end gets twisted onto the other end of the clear connector. You can get them straight or 45 degree.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #854

Quote:
I ended up leaving the trailer not doing anything with our black tank. We were there for the weekend, our first, at it is currently 1/3 filled. We were in a bit of a time crunch to get back to Philly for Easter dinner, and I didn't want to empty the tank without knowing 100% what I was doing. Our plan is to go back in 2 weeks, but we might go back this weekend, especially if I should have emptied the tank. I also noticed that the refrigerator 'check' light popped on right as we were about to leave today. The fridge and freezer seemed to be working fine, so I am not sure what is going on. I did decide to bring the slide-outs in. There are three of them. The mechanic who did the pre delivery inspection was adamant that slide outs are often a source of water penetration and, in his judgement, if I am not in the trailer, should be brought in. I understand that this opinion seems to be a minority opinion based on what I have read on this site.

As I think I mentioned previously, the campground set us up, moving the trailer to the site and attaching the sewage hose and the water line. This is what the sewage hose looks like. I have read repeatedly the benefits of having a clear connection so you can see when your black line is actually clean.

This is the connection as it currently looks.

If I am going to switch to the clear connection, I think I need some help. Which part should I buy? What precautions should I take before making this switch? Thanks for your help!

Oh yeah, I also learned that the grill on the bumper (with a swivel) that hooks up to the trailer gas line is really convenient, but it didn't work very well. It was really dirty, so I did my best to clean it up. Once it was cleaned up, I did have a steady flame, but I wasn't happy with the burgers I tried to cook. Took a lot longer than I am used to. I loved the convenience of hooking up to the gas line, but I think I need a new grill. I have done some reading and have seen that most, if not all, table sized grills need some modifications in order to connect to the trailer's line. Not sure I am going to do that with so many other things to do.

So, if any of you have any, I am looking for some recommendations on smaller gas grills that you use.

Joe
Hey Joe,
Glad to see you made it through your first trip.
You can leave your black tank partially full for a couple weeks until summer as long as you have tank treatment and enough water in there. When warmer weather hits, you will smell it when it has been left to age. (nothing like a fine wine. )
It looks like the campground gave you the cheapest hose they had for your hookup.
I am in the same boat you are with a new trailer and full hookups. (Last year I used a 42 gallon turd taxi towed behind the golf cart to empty)
I am going with a 3" rigid PVC setup, now that we have full hookups.
I am going with something like this off the trailer to get to PVC and over to the sewer inlet. The hose they provided is not going to last long unsupported.
There are many fittings to tie into the trailer outlet if you prefer clear.
As far as precautions... make sure your valves are closed and the hose has been elevated to completely drain before disconnecting it.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #855

If your tank is at 1/3 full, you'll be fine for two weeks this time of year (but not in the summer, as mentioned earlier). As far as your sewerage pipe... id probably just replace the whole thing so its done right. Either a Rhino Flex or hard pipe pvc would work.
For your fridge... did you switch it to propane? The check light will come on if the fridge fails to light on propane.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #856

Hey Joe, on the grill set up if your feeding the grill with gas from the camper makes sure the grill itself does not have a gas regulator also as you already have one on the gas line with the camper, you should really only have one, it is not recommended having two as it might really slow down the volume of gas to the burners on your grill. Just something to check, enjoy those burgers!!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #857

So am I correct that based on the above pic I would get a 45 degree adapter?

Are the sewage lines a standard width? (I know, I need to measure it when I go back down!). I want to make sure the adapter I buy fits the current hose, although as has been pointed out, sounds like I should consider replacing that as well.

I was looking at this one. It has a hose connector. Wondering if anyone has used an adapter like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVAA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #858
Just as confused as you

When I was working all the time DW would spend 1 or 2 nites by herself. We would put 1/8 cup of Dawn dish soap and 1/2 cup of Rid-X in the black tank. I would get there about every other weekend and would drain and flush the tank.

Rid-X sells Rid-X for RV's, don't pay the extra for it, just use regular Rid-X for the home. It's the same stuff.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 04-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #859

Quote:
So am I correct that based on the above pic I would get a 45 degree adapter?

Are the sewage lines a standard width? (I know, I need to measure it when I go back down!). I want to make sure the adapter I buy fits the current hose, although as has been pointed out, sounds like I should consider replacing that as well.

I was looking at this one. It has a hose connector. Wondering if anyone has used an adapter like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVAA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
Joe
The black tank outlet is a standard 3". Most campgrounds use a standard 4" sewer inlet.
I am going to use these products for my hookup.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102.../dp/B000BGK25G

https://www.amazon.com/4803-2-Fittin...007Q2G5W2?th=1

JM eagle 3 in. x 10 ft. PVC Schedule 40 DWV Plain-End Pipe-531095 - The Home Depot

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQWWLS...a-465768042232

https://www.amazon.com/Oatey-30246-R...lue+and+primer

https://www.amazon.com/NDS-3P02-3-In...ds=3+pvc+elbow
Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #860

Quote:
Our plan is to dump at the end of each trip and clean it out via the black tank flush.
Each time you use the commode use plenty of water to flush. Since you can flush out any time, why not be sure to add extra water each time you flush so that the solids don't build up on the floor of the tank
Closed Thread