Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #161
MI Camperz

Nice Boat! Love the Scooters! I want scooters, but we can't have them where we camp. Scooters Rock!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #162

Same with our park. No scooters, motorcycles, Golf carts, It's very family oriented with lots of kids activities. If we ever move it will be to a park that allows you to have the toys.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #163
MI Camperz

FINALLY; Deck Project Done!

OMG! Finally got the deck moved, leveled, and back to comfortable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3294.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	30653

Name:	DSCF3295.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	30654
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #164

hauled my boat up this weekend they opened the marina early so it will be nice to beat the crowd on the holiday weekend putting their boats in. They usually don't get the marina in before memorial weekend here. Was relieved to see the freeze we had last week here didn't damage my water hose. The last time it was that cold overnight here the water hose looked like a soaker hose with pin holes all the way down it.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
OMG! Finally got the deck moved, leveled, and back to comfortable.

Attachment 30653

Attachment 30654
Looks great! I like the skirting around your deck.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #166
MI Camperz

Thanks. It's all meant to be low maintenance. No staining, treating, staining, treating. Not even painting the stair cases. Gonna let them age to a natural grey. Work hard...Once. LOL
Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #167

My wife and I are seriously considering getting a seasonal site. We like driving around and seeing different places but knowing people would be more fun for us than seeing a bunch of new places. I have a couple questions that have been in my mind. Do you retract slides when you leave? I have electric stabilizers that a am not impressed with all the time. I don't want to put the trailer on blocks in case we want to take a trip. Any other ideas? I am thinking just getting some of the old fashion scissor crack jacks to use while there. Easy removal. I'm sure there will be more. I am really getting excited about not setting up and tearing down every weekend. Leave work, drive up, open door, unpack food, crack a cold one. Done in 10 minutes .
Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #168

travyp,

After travelling all over we decided to go seasonal 6 years ago. We really enjoy it. It is a different style of camping and sometimes I do miss seeing different things. When DW retires we'll probably get back on the road. The convenience factor is great! We've made alot of new friends and even get together with some of them at the Madison RV show in Feb and go out to dinner after just to catch up.

We leave our slides out all season, April 15th to October 15th, and never had a problem.
What don't you like about the elec stabilizers? You could always add scissors jacks or jack stands by your axles to increase the the stability. We had JT Strongarms installed on our 5th wheel and while not cheap they do make a big difference.

What part of Wisconsin are you from?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #169

What I don't like is that they pivot from the middle so if you have to extend them very far the trailer has more movement. I have the xchocks between the tires so that helps a bit. I was thinking of the jt's as well then they would stay attached to the trailer and could be used if we pull out too. Just didn't know if there were other options I didn't think of. My buddy has a similar puma a few years older with the manual jacks at each corner and his is much more stable most of the time. I'm a bit confused with the jt's as well because my jacks don't go straight down so to speak so wouldn't that bend them some?

I am from the Green Bay area and are looking at Lakewood for a site. We have friends up there that love it. It's just under 2 hours drive kind of like your drive. Not too bad if you ask me. I agree it is different kind of camping but I look at it like the cabin I can't afford. . More activities for the kids too.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #170
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
My wife and I are seriously considering getting a seasonal site. We like driving around and seeing different places but knowing people would be more fun for us than seeing a bunch of new places. I have a couple questions that have been in my mind. Do you retract slides when you leave? I have electric stabilizers that a am not impressed with all the time. I don't want to put the trailer on blocks in case we want to take a trip. Any other ideas? I am thinking just getting some of the old fashion scissor crack jacks to use while there. Easy removal. I'm sure there will be more. I am really getting excited about not setting up and tearing down every weekend. Leave work, drive up, open door, unpack food, crack a cold one. Done in 10 minutes .
We love seasonal camping for the ease, cost effectiveness, ability to see new friends we make, lots of activities and ammenities. Setting up with deck or patio, landscaping, etc. is a bit of work, but in general, only once. We have a blast! Have fun and post up some pics. This thread is loaded with them. Happy camping! Oh, btw, we keep our slides out all season as does everyone else around here (our CG) it seems.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #171

We leave ours open and are lucky we have a roof over ours. But we do run them in a couple times during the season just to help keep the seals in shape. We plan on traveling when we retire too so when looking for a site make sure you can easily get your camper in and out.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #172

We leave slides open and also have X-chocks between the tires and strong arms. But we also have 6 sets of blocks under the 34' frame to help stabilize as well. I think you will find that it's not as much work as it sounds to get the blocks under there and level things out when you put your trailer back in. We have pulled ours out at times, and it never seems to be much of an issue to reset everything when we put the trailer back in her home.

The advantages of a seasonal site for us makes it all worthwhile. We've been seasonal for 8 years (3rd campground) and have met some of the nicest people and have formed lasting friendships with some too. For us, the first campground ended up being just too far to travel on a Friday night after work, the 2nd one was too sandy and too much pine, but we are now in our 3rd season at the latest, and love everything about it. So it took 3 moves, but seasonal camping is a good lifestyle fit for us at this time. And yes, 10 minutes set up and clean up before you leave sure beats hours of work at the start & end of your weekend camping trip!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #173

Thanks for the replys everyone. We go Fathers Day weekend to check out the campground. I have a close friend that has a site there and they talk very highly about it so I see no reason we wouldn't like it.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #174

We love seasonal camping ....pull up unpack and ready for the weekend ,our kids love it too they have meet so many freinds.
Happy Camping
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	outside 026.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	32134   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside 018.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	32135   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside 015.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	32136  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #175

HAPPY CAMPING
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	outside 015.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	32137   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside 002.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	32138   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside 007.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	32139  
Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #176
MI Camperz

Nice set up Williamm. Very attractive site and looks so relaxing! The outdoor kitchen a bonus too!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #177

Dear Seasonals...Maybe this was addressed and I missed it. This is our first year seasonal and so far I love it. The only thing we're not so sure about is leaving the fridge on while we are home. We purchased a "mini fridge" which we keep in the basement for things that will stay good from weekend to weekend (condiments, etc). My husband is leery about leaving the inside fridge on all the time. He says if it was a residential type he would be fine but...Any thoughts?

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #178

Set it on "auto" so it will run on propane or electric, and let it run. Ours stays on from April to Oct without any issues. I would trust the RV fridge over the mini fridge simply because it has the propane back up if the electric ever goes out. Just one mans opinion.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #179

We keep ours on from April to October too. Like Don said at least you have the comfort of propane backup in case the campground loses power.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #180

What are his worries with leaving the fridge on? Does he think it is going to wear out quicker? Does he think it will start a fire or something? Maybe if we understood his concerns we could give fact for or against.
Closed Thread