Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #1

Trial seasonal

DW and I have done the road warrior thing for last 4 years in part searching for a local decent campground that actually has seasonal sites available without buying a trailer currently on a site.Last fall in anticipation we moved to a bigger trailer Connect 322 with 3 slides outside kitchen,heated enclosed under belly etc.We have booked a month at one of our favorite campgrounds as a trial to see how we like being in one spot that long.We also have friends that camp there and know the owners so making it permanent would be a option if it suits.
mulher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Hope you enjoy it. Being a seasonal certainly has it's pros and cons.

Being able to just drive up, unlock the doors and not worrying about backing in, setting up, leveling, etc.. is nice. Not having to worry about where to store stuff while traveling is good too. Don't have to worry about owning or maintaining a TV. You also tend to make a lot of new friends amongst the other seasonals as well. "Free" winter storage is a plus.

The worst part would be that you don't get to travel around to other places as much. Although I know a few seasonals that simply pull their camper on and off their site as needed if they decide to travel. Of course that's extra money that you must spend on top of the seasonal fees you've already paid.

For us, the pros outweigh the cons. We've been doing the seasonal thing for quite a few years.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #3

This is our third year of doing seasonal, after about 5 years of traveling around. I do occasionally get the itch to pull it out... but then I remind myself of a few things...
1. While I’m swimming at the pool on Sunday, I watch the parade of campers heading out.
2. I remember having to book the decent sites at the better campgrounds a year in advance... we’ve got teens... we’re not sure of our schedule a month in advance. Sometimes we decide Thursday that we’ll head to camp the next day. Love that too.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 AM   #4

Good for you for giving seasonal a try! I hope you find it as enjoyable as our family does. We're going into our fourth year seasonal, and this year we're moving into a permanent site. As the others have mentioned, it sure is nice to be sitting there enjoying a good book and a cool beverage while people are struggling to get backed in or packed up. One thing I've noticed as well, if you're in an actual seasonal campsite area, it tends to be quieter.

Have fun!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 TRX4 Cummins
Seasonal at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
camaro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro80 View Post
One thing I've noticed as well, if you're in an actual seasonal campsite area, it tends to be quieter.

Have fun!
It does. Especially later on Sunday afternoons. We tend to stick around until 3 or 4 PM. Mostly everyone is gone by noon and we pretty much have the entire CG to ourselves.

Also our CG is on a lake that's open to the public. But it's only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Camping season goes from April 15 to October 15. So we get a nice month and a half at the beginning of the season and at the end of the season where the only ones at the CG are seasonals.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 AM   #6

We were seasonal for 10 years after doing alot of traveling. Two hour trip from home, turn on water, stock fridge, deploy awning, sit and relax. Made alot of great friends and had many great times. After 10 years we decided to get a smaller TT and travel again.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #7

Well our trial has turned permanent after 6 weeks a spot came up and we snapped it up. We really enjoyed our trial period and the lot offered was in a great spot and a nice size with apple trees visited by deer and porcupines most days. Next job is to build a deck next season then open a cold one and reeeelax!
mulher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:18 PM   #8

After years of camping with the kids...they're all grown and married...then it was camping with the Grandkids, the wife and I settled for 42 acres with a cabin on it. Only two hours from home and we're there almost every or every other weekend. Coming up on one year and the Grandkids love hiking in the woods, taking the UTV out for a spin, sitting around campfire at night. We've even put the TT up for sale this year as it hasn't moved from the driveway this year.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote