Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Work Camping Church Camping

We're planning on hitting the road "most time" as soon as our farm is paid off. I see a few things for work camping & that would really interest me, I'm fairly capable etc, but what most calls my name is being a camp chaplain. . . anyone know of any resources to point a fella in that direction?

Thanks!

In HIS Service,

Tim
Lt58DMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #2

I don’t know the answer to your question but it would be nice if places held service on site. When my family arrives at a campground, my wife and I always look or ask for a nearby church. Good luck and God bless.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #3

Church Camping

We have found as a rule, that these kinds of outfits are few and far between. As a real quick outline, here are a few places you could check, the Red Cross has accepted that disaster clients may be in need of spiritual help. Perhaps look into doing disaster work with them. The Escapees RV Club has a chapter called "Doves" that is recognized at the national level of the Red Cross. I think some churches have disaster relief teams, maybe could work with them?

To the op, I have sent you a p.m. Get in touch and we can discuss this on more detail.
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:43 AM   #4
Always Learning

If you’re on Facebook or Instagram, friends of ours are “Light Our Path” and volunteer often with Good Samaritan. They’ve been coast to coast doing disaster recovery with their 2 kids.

Otherwise, it’s not so much church related but look at WWOOF. Might be a little too much like the farming you are getting away from, though.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #5
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Tim, it sounds to me you want to be the spiritual equivalent of a campground host, right?
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:42 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you’re on Facebook or Instagram, friends of ours are “Light Our Path” and volunteer often with Good Samaritan. They’ve been coast to coast doing disaster recovery with their 2 kids.

Otherwise, it’s not so much church related but look at WWOOF. Might be a little too much like the farming you are getting away from, though.
Ok, not Good Samaritan- Samaritan's Purse.

Here's an article my friends put together on finding ways to serve:
The Three O’s of Serving | Light Our Path
Old 11-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #7

Thanks Sir. I've done Campground Ministry @ our local state park prior to pastoring. Currently we've not been able to camp on Sunday's, but our day is comin & I assure you there'll be services wherever we are!
Old 11-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #8

It might sound like that, yes. I like to interact with people & perhaps doing check in & campground chores would be a good way.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #9

2 sites I've looked at, but haven't decided on what I want to do yet are, Volunteer.gov or workatkoa.com, each site invite workers of any skills and offering of many kinds for short and long term. I'm sure there are many more sites if you know what to search for, good hunting.

cruisin
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping