Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 08:11 AM   #1

Working and Camping

Just wondering if any if you have the ability to camp when traveling (instead of hoteling it). My company does not allow it. Cost wise it would benefit the company, but the concern is that I am at greater risk pulling a rig down the road. Safety first, I get it. So I do it anyway when possible at my own expense because its really nice. I get a few times a year to camp on my own without anyone to worry about. It is very infrequent I ever have 2 minutes alone in my house with teens, dogs, chores etc. Camping alone is just a different experience. My morning routine is different from home, not rushed, but casual which actually includes breakfast. Evenings when I return might mean a book without interuption or some time on the computer, fishing, kayaking, etc. My call. Dont get me wrong, I often wish my wife and family “could see what I’m seeing”, at a particular moment, but for a few times a year, its just quiet, almost therapitic My trailer and me.
cfb1141942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfb1141942 View Post
Just wondering if any if you have the ability to camp when traveling (instead of hoteling it). My company does not allow it. Cost wise it would benefit the company, but the concern is that I am at greater risk pulling a rig down the road. Safety first, I get it. So I do it anyway when possible at my own expense because its really nice. I get a few times a year to camp on my own without anyone to worry about. It is very infrequent I ever have 2 minutes alone in my house with teens, dogs, chores etc. Camping alone is just a different experience. My morning routine is different from home, not rushed, but casual which actually includes breakfast. Evenings when I return might mean a book without interuption or some time on the computer, fishing, kayaking, etc. My call. Dont get me wrong, I often wish my wife and family “could see what I’m seeing”, at a particular moment, but for a few times a year, its just quiet, almost therapitic My trailer and me.
Where do I sign up?
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #3

I don't necessarily work and camp. But I do go for a golf/camping weekend. Been doing it for years with two or three friends. We have my TT and friends PU. Two per rig. One passed away some years back and I was unable to find a fourth so it was just me.
Like you said, having the wife not there changes your routine. Great time though.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

After a life of working within the confined environments of a workplace, my current (and final) job allows me to work from anywhere.

As long as you work for someone else, you answer to them.

Discipline has no boundaries though.
My routine for work when traveling isn't much different than it is at home.
I have a job to do so I get that done and then, wherever I am, I take advantage of the surroundings.

Once retired, then you can do whatever/wherever you want.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping