Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,104
How To Use The Classifieds

We recently updated our classifieds system. The new classifieds page can be found here: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

Posting ads:
  • Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site. Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.
__________________

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
moshe1436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We recently updated our classifieds system. The new classifieds page can be found here: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

Posting ads:
  • Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site. Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.
Hi Janet --

I wrote a post wanting to sell my Salem Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL camper either by itself or with the tow vehicle I currently use. It was a rather long post but included, what I thought was pertinent information for anyone interested. I haven't seen this post anywhere on the FRF site and wonder if I did something wrong, or didn't do everything I was supposed to do to get the ad approved and posted. Can you help me with this?

Thanks so much. I really need to sell this camper!

Mo
__________________

__________________
Mo and Jeanette
2014 Forest River Salem
Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,478
Check here: Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL and Ford Conversion Van package
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
This is the Classified Ads ARCHIVE. I PMed Janet.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 40; booked = 49
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
Hi Janet --

I wrote a post wanting to sell my Salem Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL camper either by itself or with the tow vehicle I currently use. It was a rather long post but included, what I thought was pertinent information for anyone interested. I haven't seen this post anywhere on the FRF site and wonder if I did something wrong, or didn't do everything I was supposed to do to get the ad approved and posted. Can you help me with this?

Thanks so much. I really need to sell this camper!

Mo
Just a day or so after you posted that ad, we converted to a new and more robust classifieds system. You will need to repost your ad and while it's a nuisance, the new ad should get more views than the old thread did.

Your old is here (so you can copy/paste some text): Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL and Ford Conversion Van package

Load your ad here: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,546
Wouldn't it be nice if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We recently updated our classifieds system. The new classifieds page can be found here: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a link to that page at the top of every page on https://www.forestriverforums.com?

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a link to that page at the top of every page on https://www.forestriverforums.com?

Larry
Have you tried clicking on the word CLASSIFIED at the top of every page?
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 40; booked = 49
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,546
Arrrgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Have you tried clicking on the word CLASSIFIED at the top of every page?
Arrgh. I was looking for it in the brown ribbon, not the black banner. Somewhat confusing to have two menu bars.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #9
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Arrgh. I was looking for it in the brown ribbon, not the black banner. Somewhat confusing to have two menu bars.

Larry
The CLASSIFIED word is exactly where it's always been. It just links to a different place.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 40; booked = 49
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
dlfishing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 675
Help, I have not been able to post a photo to my ad. Itís a photo in my iPad.
__________________

dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.