Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Madisonville TN (sometimes)
Posts: 139
WTB: Honda 30 amp parallel cable or similar

I have two Honda 2000 generators. Neither is a companion model and do not have a 30 amp output receptacle.

I am looking to buy the parallel cord that has a 30 amp receptacle built in to the cord.

Honda made these cords to use before a companion model with a 30 amp receptacle was on the market but have been since discontinued. There are similar 3rd party makers.

Used is ok.

Thanks

Ps, anyone know why a city is required when posting in the wanted section?



View this ad at Forest River Classifieds - WTB: Honda 30 amp parallel cable or similar
__________________

mjacxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
lesptr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 693
This may work.

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56421-360...96381412&psc=1


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	211009
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK
2015 F350 6.7
lesptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Madisonville TN (sometimes)
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesptr View Post

Thanks.


Harbor Freight has a similar unit and user review's mentioning Honda compatibility.
https://www.harborfreight.com/rv-ready-parallel-kit-62564.html


This one has also caught my attention:
https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Reliance-Controls-GPK30RV/p1893.html
mjacxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 3
I use the Harbor Freight kit and it works fine. I have an older Honda 2000 and the predator 2000 watt inverter. Together with the kit they run AC or Microwave nicely
__________________
2018 Ram 2500 Diesel
2018 Coachman Adrenaline 25QB
Magnum40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Madisonville TN (sometimes)
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum40 View Post
I use the Harbor Freight kit and it works fine. I have an older Honda 2000 and the predator 2000 watt inverter. Together with the kit they run AC or Microwave nicely
Thanks. Always good to get a first hand review.
__________________
My most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots and crew - MEJ 1968
mjacxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Mr Towed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacxx View Post
I have two Honda 2000 generators. Neither is a companion model and do not have a 30 amp output receptacle.

I am looking to buy the parallel cord that has a 30 amp receptacle built in to the cord.

Honda made these cords to use before a companion model with a 30 amp receptacle was on the market but have been since discontinued. There are similar 3rd party makers.

Used is ok.

Thanks

Ps, anyone know why a city is required when posting in the wanted section?





View this ad at Forest River Classifieds - WTB: Honda 30 amp parallel cable or similar
City is required because most items for sale are not shippable, and therefor, if you are looking for, say, a tow dolly, and you're in new mexico, you don't need to bother looking at one for sale and going back and forth with the seller only to find out 3 exchanges later that the seller is located in Maine.

PS, i am shocked to find out that they no longer make the kit. The fact that they now make a companion model does nothing to change the fact that 100s of thousands of non-companion models are out there.

-Jeremy
__________________
Travel Trailer: 2004 Flagstaff 25LB
New Tow Vehicle: 2017 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost, supercrew short bed FX4 Lariat
Old Tow Vehicle: 2009 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Ext. Cab Short Bed
Cats: Rhody and Hazy
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
waybeck2018
 
waybeck2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum40 View Post
I use the Harbor Freight kit and it works fine. I have an older Honda 2000 and the predator 2000 watt inverter. Together with the kit they run AC or Microwave nicely

What size AC does that run 13k OR 15k. Thanks
__________________
2012 F-250, 6.7 Super Duty Powerstroke; 2019 291 BR Primetime Tracer,
Days camped in 2018-61

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Madisonville TN (sometimes)
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Towed View Post
City is required because most items for sale are not shippable, and therefor, if you are looking for, say, a tow dolly, and you're in new mexico, you don't need to bother looking at one for sale and going back and forth with the seller only to find out 3 exchanges later that the seller is located in Maine.

PS, i am shocked to find out that they no longer make the kit. The fact that they now make a companion model does nothing to change the fact that 100s of thousands of non-companion models are out there.

-Jeremy

I wasn't looking or posting in the *for sale* section. I was posting in the wanted section and thus my question,
Quote:
Ps, anyone know why a city is required when posting in the *wanted section*?

If you have the item I am looking for, I simply ask how much you want shipped to.........[fill in the blank] Profile info won't work, I am often somewhere else, maybe you too.
mjacxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Madisonville TN (sometimes)
Posts: 139
I have found that the parallel cable from this vendor,


https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...0RV/p1893.html



with a phone call to Reliance Cable tech department, is more than adequate to suit my needs.


Thanks to all who responded here and off list.
__________________
My most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots and crew - MEJ 1968
mjacxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Mr Towed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacxx View Post
I wasn't looking or posting in the *for sale* section. I was posting in the wanted section and thus my question,



If you have the item I am looking for, I simply ask how much you want shipped to.........[fill in the blank] Profile info won't work, I am often somewhere else, maybe you too.
Yeah, sorry, I hear ya, and for small stuff that's shippable it can be annoying, especially if you are on the move anyway. I was just going by what I think is typically the reasoning behind the city requirement in a lot of automotive type forums that i've been a member over the years. Some forums I have seen will actually even have sub-forums for different regions, to try to keep it local, especially when there is a higher volume of items listed.

-Jeremy
__________________

__________________
Travel Trailer: 2004 Flagstaff 25LB
New Tow Vehicle: 2017 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost, supercrew short bed FX4 Lariat
Old Tow Vehicle: 2009 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Ext. Cab Short Bed
Cats: Rhody and Hazy
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.