Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #1

38RE 6 months of ownership

We've been out in the unit twice now since purchasing the 38RE in Feb., 2 weeks total. The unit is now back at the dealer for warranty work after the shakedown trips. Camping season in Minnesota is short and therefore the warranty period is down to about 4 months.

The coach has been at the dealer for a month now fixing various things. Some of the issues noted are: 1) drawer slides mounted with only 1 screw per slide allowing the slides and drawers to become misaligned. 2) Drawer slides self destructing and losing ball bearings. 3) Intermittent operation of inverter output to fridge, inverter is on fridge is not working even though it is turned "On". 4) Coax from satellite and cable connections outside to HDMI connection under TV wired incorrectly resulting in no signal to TV. 5) Wallboard to wooden frame at laundry hamper in bathroom has a 1/8th " gap. 6) Dining area chair tiedown ring pulled out of floor. 7) Lower storage compartment weather stripping is falling off. 8) Key missing for sewer hose compartment. 9) Power cord reel lower door lock incorrectly adjusted, will not lock easily and 10) Many Philips head screw heads are stripped out due to assembly using power tools working on a piece work basis.

There are other issues as well, all minor. I'm hoping that once all of these are handled, with proper care, nothing major raises its ugly head.

It is a beautiful coach, I'm hoping that it lives up to our expectations. Hopefully we'll have it back before Labor Day, if not we'll just have it winterized.

US Army Retired
KenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #2

Cool 2017 36 RE Full Time last 2 1/2 in Florida

Hello, I just want to say that our Coach has been mostly trouble free nothing that I could fix and I am not good with my hands. I am a full time but my unit stays put here in Florida...The coach has worked as it should...Three AC, has has range top, washer dryer, two fire places, five slide outside five toppers every option but dishwasher. I am retired and look forward doing dishes...just something to do....I will say it's a great Coach, Little stuff that I fixed myself...I believe we were one of the few who purchased in 2016/ 2017 from Hersey RV Expo. Jeff is great he has Always help us over the phone and made things right...Just wanted to let you know Its a great unit and you will get lots of comments on the unit high end features but not the High Price...Say around 85k...Nothing comes close...Good Luck..Jim and Jeannie

Jp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #3

Disappointing to hear about those types of problems on an $85,000.00 + Riverstone. We are considering one for our next purchase in about a year. That is a lot of money for a fifth wheel, would not expect "same old" construction issues like stripped screws. If F.R. is expecting to sell higher end RV's to compete with say a Jayco Pinnacle or Grand Design, they better get their s#$% together.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

We have been living in our 2018 FB 2 for 6 months, only issue was the incorrect microwave installed. That was taken care of in the first month of living in the coach. We bought the unit at the Tampa RV Show and it had 100ís of people going through it with no issues from so much traffic.

Pete
Fishrsafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #5

Update

The unit has been at the dealership for warranty repairs for the past two and a half months and we hope to have it back this coming Saturday with everything repaired and the coach winterized. Fingers crossed that next year we will find that the issues will have been remedied. Disappointing to say the least. We are not new to RVing and expected some issues however, for the price we expected a bit better quality after an advertised two week build schedule per unit. Oh well, we'll see next year.
KenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
Disappointing to hear about those types of problems on an $85,000.00 + Riverstone. We are considering one for our next purchase in about a year. That is a lot of money for a fifth wheel, would not expect "same old" construction issues like stripped screws. If F.R. is expecting to sell higher end RV's to compete with say a Jayco Pinnacle or Grand Design, they better get their s#$% together.
Do not forget the Heartland Landmark. That coach is comparable to the Riverstone. The Grand design is more in line with a Columbus. We spent 2 years looking and FR quality/dealer support in Canada was less than ideal. We bought a Heartland Bighorn, same as Landmark less 1 AC and Full Body Paint and some fancier cabinets. We have a Elite which is the same or better than the Yetti cold weather package. Also rated for full time living with no warranty restrictions.

2013 Rockwood 8289WS 2012 Rockwood 2703 SS TT 2007 Golden Falcon 38FLA PM 1983 Corsair 21RB
2015 Ford F250 PS '13 F150 3.5 Eco '09 F150 5.4 l 1987 Merc Grand Marq 1982 Ford E250 CW
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #7

Riverstone is now putting out two a day as of this year As of April of this year, I was told there were about 700 Riverstone and Legacy issues built (Told to me during my factory tour). Mine was in production for 6 days, then three weeks to paint, although from the time it went into production until delivery date, it was 13 weeks. Disappointed to hear about your issues. Hopefully it was an isolated issue and not systemic of the line. I've read every Riverstone post since the beginning of publication. While there is an occasional issue, there are next to none of anyone having a problem unit. I've also read that the factory is very responsive to warranty issues and complaints, which is good to hear. Good luck.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #8

I hope your issues are going to be resolved soon, it looks like a combination of a trailer with unusual problems and a dealer not getting their butt in gear. I suggest you contact RiverStone directly if the dealer keeps dragging their feet. Things like locks and keys should be dealt with during the PDI before the unit leaves the dealership. Btw. the keys are CH751 which are a dime a dozen and definitely a neglect of the dealer.

We had very few problems during the initial 1st year and they were all cosmetic except for the on demand water heater which was replaced under warranty with a 12 gal. Suburban and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. RiverStone even authorized a mobile service to do these fixes, the water heater exchange had to be done at the dealership which took 2 days.

We have been living in our RS fulltime for 1 1/2 years and made it through one very brutal winter with several neg. 40 to neg. 45 nights without problems, condensation and so on. Beside the high quality of insulation you'd be hard pressed to find another quality trailer in this price category that comes standard with all dual pane windows, disc brakes, TrailAir pinbox, fullbody paint and more. For us this ne is a keeper.