Old 04-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #1

Bose Soundbar with Samsung TV?

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Bose 5 Soundbar to work with the Samsung TV? I know the Bose works with the Jensen audio system, but haven't figured out a way to get the Bose to work with the TV yet. Also, it doesn't appear as if you can pull the TV out away from the wall like I could with my SOB to where you can access the back of the TV???

TIA
Noel

millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:38 PM   #2

The TV mount is a real mystery, I once tried to get a view behind it using a remote camera but everything appears smooth and no mounting bracket or wires are visible. It almost looks like as if the TV was mounted to a sheet of ply and the cabinetry built around it.
I sure hope the audio out cable is connected to your TV or else you might have a serious problem on hand, I asked the service technician at our dealership about accessing the back of the TV and he couldn't figure it out either. Your best bet is probably to contact RiverStone directly.

Our soundbar is held in place with velcro tape, when you pull it out you should see 2 audio input cables, one from the Jensen and one from the TV. All we do is turn the Jensen off, mute the TV and set the sound on the Bose using the Bose remote.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #3

Our TV works with our Bose Soundbar. There is an optical cable running from the TV to the soundbar. Since we purchased our 38RE used it may have been connected by the previous owner.

A friend and I managed to remove the TV from the mount. It is a very precarious situation so I wouldn't advise it solo. You have to reach your arm/hand up behind the TV and there should be two small metal indent buttons that must be pushed in order to release the TV. Once that is done be prepared for the TV to fall forward. Cables connected to the back of the TV are short so watch out for that. Getting the TV back on the mount is another tricky task.

Good luck!

Larry

U.S. Army Retired
Traveling Full-Time Since 5/4/2018
SomedayIsToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #4

Here is a picture of the two buttons I spoke of...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180409_080458.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	167609  

U.S. Army Retired
Traveling Full-Time Since 5/4/2018
SomedayIsToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayIsToday View Post
Here is a picture of the two buttons I spoke of...
The TV may be hung on rails. If so, there will be securing screws up from the bottom, either side of centre. Jam you arm up under the TV and feel around. If anything like mine, you will need a small ratchet spanner (like those in kits) driver with a Philips head dropped into a suitably sized socket.

Yes, the Bose typically uses an optical cable interface. I also thought there was a HDMI with most of them.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #6

I have removed TV several times...Yes you need to put your arm behind the tv and press the buttons holding the tv...when installing tv back put top in first on angle locking the top first then line up buttons on bottom....Have alot of patience....maybe you should replace and put tv on a bracket that will swing out from wall...next time I take tv off wall I am going to put new bracket on....also my optical cable detached had to take tv down....BTW...tv in bet rome is attached on a board ...you can remove tv by taking out screws in four corners....Good luck....
Jp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #7

Good news!

When I pulled out the Bose Soundbar, there was a disconnected optical cable laying in back. Plugged it in to the Bose, and:

VOILA!

So, it works like a champ now, and I didn't have to try and take the TV off the mount!
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #8
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp1234 View Post
I have removed TV several times...Yes you need to put your arm behind the tv and press the buttons holding the tv...when installing tv back put top in first on angle locking the top first then line up buttons on bottom....Have alot of patience....maybe you should replace and put tv on a bracket that will swing out from wall...next time I take tv off wall I am going to put new bracket on....also my optical cable detached had to take tv down....BTW...tv in bet rome is attached on a board ...you can remove tv by taking out screws in four corners....Good luck....
The trouble with swinging brackets is the cantilever effect. With the weight of a TV hanging on it then bouncing down the road, it won't last long, even when retracted. BTW, my TV is a 42" so is a bit bigger and heavier than the typical choice.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by millman75 View Post
Good news!

When I pulled out the Bose Soundbar, there was a disconnected optical cable laying in back. Plugged it in to the Bose, and:

VOILA!

So, it works like a champ now, and I didn't have to try and take the TV off the mount!
Good thing you didn't have to mess with the TV. If it's anything like ours it would be impossible to reach in and up through the narrow 2 1/2" gap between the shelf and the bottom of the TV and I don't have the forearms of a weight lifter.