Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #1

Curious about a Riverstone Legacy

I just joined this group as I am thinking of purchasing a RiverStone Legacy 38FB-2. I have a Landmark 365 Key West and was wanting some more goodies. The Riverstone included everything we wanted. I read the post about Riverstone and didn't see any show stoppers and most sounded pretty normal. The price on the unit I am looking at is 112k. We full time but don't tow much except to escape a hurricane but trying to get the spouse motivated. Any comments on the unit or pros cons will be appreciated
Rdgtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
dbler has a Riverstone Legacy and is very happy with it. Hw can speak to what they have for options. Good Luck on your search.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #3

We have a 2016 38FB. Wife and I have full timed in it for the last 2 1/2 years and absolutely love it. As for the pros and cons, its all up to your personal preference. Our unit has the induction cook top and convection microwave where I see a gas range and oven is available now. We also have the tankless on demand water heater. All three of those items were new to us, so it was a learning curve but now that we are use to them, I would not change.

Our unit had some minor issues after purchase that the selling dealer did not want to address, but Jeff Holmes at Riverstone was very helpful and took care of all at the factory. We have been very pleased with it.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:58 PM   #4

We have been full time in our 2018 FB2 since a March of last year. We love it so far. Looked at everything out there, kept coming back to RiverStone. They are hard to beat for the money!!!

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses!!!
Old 02-10-2019, 06:40 AM   #6

We've been snowbirding in our 2019 38MB since we picked it up in October. We loaded ours with all options, less the absorption fridge (wanted a residential), tankless water heater, and gas cooktop, since we never boondock and use the resort's electric for them. Unit tows like a dream (w/one ton dually). Very few fit and finish problems. Warranty department very helpful and has noted our issues and will address them come spring. Best "full time" RV for the money.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #7

We have a 2017 38MB and picked it up in July of 2016, we have been very pleased with the unit and have had very few small issues and they have been taken care of with help from the factory, they have been great support. Now they have made some changes since we got ours some for the good and some that WE don't care for , but that's our opinion. For the price value I really don't think you could find a better line for what you get, that price you have seems a bit high to me but if your willing to travel to buy I would suggest you look at Jeff Couch in Ohio or Terry Town in Mi. and ask for Chad at Terry Town as he is their River Stone expert. Good luck on your decision.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:57 PM   #8

I was looking at the Kansas RV center. Anyone had dealings with them? I thought the price was high and the unit is loaded. I will no doubt take a bearing on my trade. Seems I buy high and sell low. Is the tankless water heater better than the standard and are the ac's quite and ducted. Don't recall reading a out those
Old 02-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #9

If it's a Truma water heater they are probably the best, the Girard 2 are ok but take some learning to use them. A/C in ours is not the quietest but also not the loudest. Kansas RV is a good place to deal and they offer great service but I would check the prices at Jeff Couch and maybe use that to get a better deal.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #10

What do you think of the closet space for full time?
Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #11

Wife and I have the tank heater. Both take showers one or two times a day, laundry done every day, plus we use the dishwasher. Have never run out of hot water. Ducted AC's are quieter than non-ducted. Not quiet quiet, but at least you don't have to turn up the AC when they fire up. I got prices from every dealer within 500 miles of Chicago, and then some others. Best price by over 6K was from International RV in Elkhart. Just an FYI.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #12

We also bought at International RV in Elkhart but when we bought there were not many dealers yet, plus they worked well with us to pick up during our summer trip and right before the Goshen rally. Another advantage for us was the factory is very close and we would rather have issues fixed there then the dealer.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #13

I live in South Texas. Any recommendations for this part of the company. My hats off to this forum's members. I have received some really good feedback.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #14

Ron Hoover RV carries RiverStone, not sure exactly what locations.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdgtt View Post
I live in South Texas. Any recommendations for this part of the company. My hats off to this forum's members. I have received some really good feedback.
Below is a link for a dealer, I have heard you can get a decent deal there but the service reviews have not been great.

https://www.funtownrv.com/

Not sure how good this one is

https://www.ronhoover.com/

It might be worth while to do a search for other dealers you might be willing to travel to.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
FlyOver_Rob

Riverstone

I bought a Legacy 38TS from Funtown RV in Cleburne, Tx. Good Price. Big Mike Wells was my salesman and I have to say he was very honest. When asked about warranty his response was, We're more geared towards sales here. If you read reviews you'll agree. I knew more during the walk thru than them.

I was living in Kansas then so I used Kansas RV center. Was happy with their work. They are about a 2 month wait list though, as are most other places.

You definitely want to go to the FROG rally in Goshen. As others have said Jeff Holmes at service is fantastic. Last year there were only nine Riverstones there and Jeff and his crew went above and beyond the line. Fixed every issue we had and some we didn't know were issues. Like you said too, the issues have not been show stoppers. It's a very high quality coach.

I retired in March last year and we went full time in April. Haven't looked back.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #17

My questions never ceases
Do you have storage under the bed?
Old 04-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdgtt View Post
My questions never ceases
Do you have storage under the bed?
Yes there is storage under our bed, that is where the 2 folding dining chairs are. The beds are heavy and some folks have added or upgraded the struts to hold the bed up.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #19

Just curious as to what you have decided. I too am looking at a Riverstone. I like the 39RKFB model. The one closest to me does not have a full body paint. Has any one had an issue with just a gel-coat and sticker graphic on the Riverstones?
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #20

Nothing yet. I am upside down something terrible in my landmark. I wanted look at one before I drove all the way to Kansas (700+miles) to make a deal.i don't want to trade upside down because you end up paying for two trailer s