Old 10-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #11

X2 what Mr Towed said.

Take a step back and breathe. This is some significant $$$ here and to have not even “crawled around” in them.

Just sayin’

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrsafe View Post
Are both units new or used? The RiverStone 38RE is a $100K unit new, not sure about the Montana price. My money would be on the RiverStone, but it’s your $$$, your decision.

Pete
They are both used units. The wife looks at Montana and decides it lacks closet space (no place to hang dresses, just shirts), so salesman shows her a new 2018 Keystone Alpine with front kitchen and she fell in love with it, but i thought the model lacked luxury and it was priced at $62,900. I still would rather have the Riverstone, especially the luxury and quality far exceeds the Alpine. If she is stuck on the front kitchen, the Cedar Creek Champagne series offers a front kitchen for $69,000 and i feel like thats a better luxury model than Alpine. I was really looking for y'all to say to buy the Riverstone for that unbelievable price of $59,500 because it retails for $89,000.

firecapt176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
X2 what Mr Towed said.

Take a step back and breathe. This is some significant $$$ here and to have not even “crawled around” in them.

Just sayin’
I have looked at several models, enough to know they advertise luxury, but get inside and it feels cheap. I have not been inside a Riverstone, but viewed their 360 on website and WOW they are nice. Wife only cares about the small things she likes, but i want quality and better resale value.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:48 PM   #14

When we purchased our 5er Montana was a serious consideration. But, without question, a Riverstone Legacy is a much better coach. Frame, brakes, axle, tires and on, and on.

PLUS, Riverstone has provided excellent warranty support. Unhappy with the dealer, we contacted Jeff Holmes at Riverstone Warranty. He has been EXCELLENT. The man understands the product and customer satisfaction. I'm doing most, if not all of the labor, and Jeff is providing parts. He also authorized a mobile service if we prefer.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #15

My 2 cts.

Don't rush it both units are used, do background checks on both. Otherwise, the RS comes with standard features like 3 1/4" insulated hung walls, real insulation in floor and ceiling, electric fireplace, an electric heater in the bedroom that works amazingly well, all dual pane windows, heated tanks, Ariston washer and dryer and Fisher Paycal dishwasher. Does the Montana have 6k or 7k axles, the RS has 8k axles with disc brakes and a 21k TrailAir pinbox. But - the RE is heavy, much heavier than any Montana.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt176 View Post
I have looked at several models, enough to know they advertise luxury, but get inside and it feels cheap. I have not been inside a Riverstone, but viewed their 360 on website and WOW they are nice. Wife only cares about the small things she likes, but i want quality and better resale value.
Are you going to be full time in your new coach? My wife and I looked at every 5er out there during our 18 month search. Kept coming back to The a RiverStone because of the quality and standard features that come with the unit. For me it’s the small details in the construction and my wife wanted space, comforts, storage, etc. as we transitioned from our sticks and bricks to the coach full time. Another nice feature is you won’t see many other RiverStone’s wherever you go and they sure do turn heads.

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #17

We spent more than a year searching for the ideal fiver.

We purchased a Cedar Creek Hathaway.

Higher priced than others. However, the differences were everywhere.

Shop, shop, shop. Only you can figure this out.

We bought from a big discount dealer, service was outstanding. Sort of no negotiations. Best price up front.

They did a PDI before I got there. Everything was virtually perfect. They missed the hdmi arc cable was plugged in wrong!

All cost stuff related to rv’s is wild!

I am sure I invested 1,000 hours in the decision.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #18

Having previously owned a Montana and now a 38RE, there is a huge difference in quality (you may want to join the Montana forum and read about some of the recent issues with manufacturing). Not saying the RiverStone is perfect, since we have had a few issues, but it is built better. Pay close attention to the Montana slider sizes when Schwintek mechanisms are used; my 38RE only has them on the small living room slides in the back. Also, we love the 38RE full width storage under the rear living room. Montana has a unit that has that (I believe it is called a 3791 model), but like has been previously stated, you won't have 8K axles, probably not H rated Goodyear tires, disc brakes, etc.

One of the big reasons I switched 5ers was the lack of storage in my Montana model, whereas the 38RE has tons of storage.

My 2c. Your decision.

Noel
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrsafe View Post
Are you going to be full time in your new coach? My wife and I looked at every 5er out there during our 18 month search. Kept coming back to The a RiverStone because of the quality and standard features that come with the unit. For me it’s the small details in the construction and my wife wanted space, comforts, storage, etc. as we transitioned from our sticks and bricks to the coach full time. Another nice feature is you won’t see many other RiverStone’s wherever you go and they sure do turn heads.

Pete
I think i have her talked into it.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #20

Question, I have a 3500 Duramax, but not a dually and will this 1 ton pull this weight of a camper?