Old 10-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
hydraulic fluid leak.

2007 Daydreamer>
Mice problem last winter. damaged wireing. got that fixed. now it appears they
damaged a hydraulic line going to the slides. loosing fluid quickly. want to take it to dealer for repair but dont know for sure how to close the slides manually.
Im thinking I can turn that exposed shaft that keeps the slide straight as it extends and retracts. Since there is a fluid leak Im thinking as I force the cylinder back the fluid will just leak out.

Thanks for any help.

Jerry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
I have been searching this site for answers but none found. some talk about putting a tool in the end of the cylinder to turn it. That just doesn't sound right . It's just a hydraulic ram. push / pull is it not. I didn't think there was anything in there to spin. It's not like a screw jack. The rv does have a crank but not sure where to install it to use even if that's what it's for. under belly is completely covered. these panels are very difficult to remove and install. hoping to avoid having to go there.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
Jerryb. If you look on utube there are videos. Showing how to get your slide back in
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
Have looked all evening but not found one yet that applies as far as I can tell. I think I have it figured out but would like to hear from someone that has been there before. it's about 100 miles away. hope to go back this week and see what I can do.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
Old Member
You are going to make a mess no matter what. Getting the slides in kinda depends on where the leak is and how bad it is. If the leak is on the extension side you should be able to use the hydraulic pump to bring the slides in. If it is on the retraction side and the hole is small, you might be able to use the pump again. Either case, you might need to top up the reservoir as you go.

You can push the slides in by hand but you need to relive the hydraulic pressure to do so. Either run the pump as you push or disconnect the hydraulic lines from the ram.

Once you have the slides in, you need to figure out how to keep them in. Normally they are held by hydraulic lock. Without hydraulic pressure to hold them, the slides will come out. Not something you want to see going down the road.

Good luck
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

hydraulic, leak

« day dreaming? | - »