Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #1

lug nut torque Riverstone 39RKFB

Can someone tell me what the torque should be on the lug nuts on a Riverstone 39RKFB?
My dealer has been pretty poor source of information. What is the best source for info such as how to bring in the slides, jacks, awnings manually should there be some problem and every other problem that can arise. I can't even find the valves for the slides to open and close in case I need to manually bring them in.

Don't understand how Forest River/Riverstone can leave people hanging with the poorest of owner's manuals possible.
I plan to go full time in my rig next year and really, it shouldn't be this hard to get information.
Anybody know of the best source(s) of info for my specific rig (besides the dealer)?
Ls husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
Always Learning

The best resources are:
- individual component manuals
- experience
- the Internet (here on FRF and YouTube)

RiverStone can’t easily include everything in the owner’s manual as components change so often. My early 2013 Sabre was VERY different than the 2013 Sabres that were put out 6 months later.

And, like you- I’ve found that dealer responses are often lackluster or, worse, downright wrong.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #3

Every FR trailer we have ever owned has a sticker that gives torque. Our Cardinal has 9/16 studs and this torque sticker.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2479.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	212444
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #4

Dexter tells me that 110# is right. I have a sticker on the pinbox stating 120#. This is for a 39FK.
Tazman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #5

120# sticker on my 38MB also.
Rusty
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #6
Brake is on left

Forest River has pretty good resources online. I cannot recall the specific place on their web page, but if you search for "forest river trailer owners manual" you can find it. That is what I did and found a ton of PDFs my specific model. Everything from axles and slides to appliances and awnings.
Chances are the torque is 100-120 lb-ft. That is what every trailer I own is. Aluminum would be on the lower end. The Dexter manual for mine specifies 25 first, then 60, then full torque.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls husband View Post
Can someone tell me what the torque should be on the lug nuts on a Riverstone 39RKFB?
My dealer has been pretty poor source of information. What is the best source for info such as how to bring in the slides, jacks, awnings manually should there be some problem and every other problem that can arise. I can't even find the valves for the slides to open and close in case I need to manually bring them in.

Don't understand how Forest River/Riverstone can leave people hanging with the poorest of owner's manuals possible.
I plan to go full time in my rig next year and really, it shouldn't be this hard to get information.
Anybody know of the best source(s) of info for my specific rig (besides the dealer)?
We purchased a 2018 38re used. Luckily we had the owners manuals from every item installed on the Rv. I also downloaded the forest river owners app which has all the basic info and then got the specific items ac/frig/stove,fireplace,tv,invertor,jacks,fan etc. manual PDF’s from the manufacturer directly. One app I love is the is the onecontrol app from LCI. You will need to find the wireless router located behind the slide door in your main storage bay. It should say onecontrol. it will look like a wireless router. This is not a WiFi gateway. Its a closed network for your rv only. The app will let you do everything you do from the control panel.
StokesRV is offline   Reply With Quote