Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

New RiverStone 39FL

We purchased a new RS 39FL about 2 weeks ago from George Sutton RV in Eugene, OR. I have some thoughts to share concerning the purchase and first 2 weeks of living in this coach.

First of all, we have been camping since the mid 70s....starting with a tent, then tent trailer, pickup camper, travel trailer, 5th wheel and motorhomes. We have had multiples of some of these. In 2014 we bought a new Mobile Suites, which we sold due to quality issues. In Feb. of this year, we purchased a new Arctic Fox 29-5T. We traded the AF on the new RiverStone.

That brings us to the RiverStone: We decided to full time after the purchase of the AF....if we had known we would not have purchased the AF as it was too small for us to live in. As stated earlier, we purchased the RS from George Sutton RV in Eugene. It was a 7 hour trip one way to go look and return to trade. It was worth every minute of the trip to deal with Sutton RV. They are a stand up company! They kept their word on everything promised and were more than up front with the purchase process. We did not sign the final papers until we had gone through everything on the coach, 2 minor issues were fixed, and we were satisfied that everything worked as it should. In short they seem to do business the old fashioned way.

We were told they started going through the coach 10 days before we picked it up to ensure everything would function as it should as they knew we were leaving the area and would not be close enough to come in for waranty work. Again, we were amazed at the customer service from them.

We live in this coach full time and we do not have a house. I was somewhat hesitant to purchase this coach as the last 2 we owned were both lacking in the quality department and they were both supposed to be "quality" units. However, both owner reviews and Forest River construction videos were encouraging. In the end, the fact that they take 2 weeks to build one of these helped make the decision to give them a closer look.

We went to Eugene to look at this coach and were very impressed with the fit and finish. There were just no issues with doors, drawers, or trim. We liked the floorplan and GS RV steppedup and paid good money for our trade.....they did not try to steal it as some dealers do. So we made the purchase.

So to end this post, we made a great decision. This coach is great to live in and is very easy to transition into from a house. We have had ZERO issues with it. I have become a real fan of Forest River products in general and RiverStone in particular.

It would certainly be nice to have a RiverStone section!

And BTW, if you conact GS RV, ask for Young Dave. Tell him Hutch sent you!
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

Congratulations!! The 39FL is a beautiful coach with a great kitchen. If it was a little shorter we would be in one :-). Great to hear you found a good dealer to work with.

We have our sights on the Riverstone 34SLE. Very very anxious to see one, but I understand they won't be producing them until a little later this year.

Congrats again and best wishes for you with your new Riverstone!! Yes I agree we need a sub forum....
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #3

Another River Stone owner here as most know by now just glad to see more folks buying them, yes I agree we will soon need a River Stone section. We have had ours just over a year now with very little issues and they were addressed at the Goshen this year, very happy with our unit and pleased we waited and got the Legacy 38mb floorplan, our plan seems to be the least favorite for dealers to stock but it is nice to see new floorplans coming out. Enjoy your FL and safe and happy camping
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #4

The wife and I both love our 38FB. We too live in ours full time and have no stick and brick home. I can't say ours has been problem free, but Riverstone stepped up and took care of the problems. Our selling dealer did not what to see the coach until the "end of the season" in which our "season" never ends, to make the repairs. Contacted Riverstone Warranty by email and within 2 hours Jeff Holmes was on the phone discussing options for getting the repair work done. We have lived in the coach for just shy of a year now and still love it.

Welcome to the Riverstone Family!
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #5

Wife and I bought a 39FK in May....we have yet to spend any time in it at all as we have been working. We're planning on becoming fulltimers in Feb. of next year and this labor day we will be finally spending 4 days in it. We'll be setting it up next week on it's spot and it'll be there for a year. We plan on weekending it until we move into it full time next year. It's great to hear a very positive report about the Riverstone as well as others being happy with it......We've been chomping at the bit to set ours up and spend some time in it......now next week we will. Thanks again....good luck and best wishes
Jeff_n_Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #6

I looked at the Riverstone models at Goshen. Beautiful units!!! But I heard so many negative comments from owners there that it soured me on the model. I wonder if everyone that had problems with them went to Goshen?? Maybe it was one-sided.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
I looked at the Riverstone models at Goshen. Beautiful units!!! But I heard so many negative comments from owners there that it soured me on the model. I wonder if everyone that had problems with them went to Goshen?? Maybe it was one-sided.
We own a Legacy and were at Goshen along with 2 other River Stone Legacy owners so not sure if the folks that had negative comments were River Stone owners has with talking to the other 2 they were both very pleased with theirs.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #8

SlowRideHD , would you post what the negative comments were ? We are seriously considering the Riverstone for our next 5er, along with another brand's top model.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #9

Riverstone

Why doesn't the forum have a Riverstone section. Just purchased a 38 FB and so far we love it.
dgsearcy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:23 AM   #10

39fl riverstone

I will be picking up on Thursday of this week! I can’t wait to get, I am trading a 342 Fuzion in on it. The riverstone is a 2017 I hope everything goes good with no problems!
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:00 AM   #11

What model did you get? We have an deposit down on a 38 MB but am still spending the winter in my 2015 Voltage toy hauler that I need to sell. Congratulations on the new unit.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFAR View Post
I will be picking up on Thursday of this week! I can’t wait to get, I am trading a 342 Fuzion in on it. The riverstone is a 2017 I hope everything goes good with no problems!
Welcome and congrats from another River Stone owner, you will love it. Hope all goes well and take time on the PDI
Old 01-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #13

2017 39fl good luck on selling toy hauler! It is a bunch of them for sell
Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #14

Nice! Thinking I'm sitting on my TH until April when I get back to Chicago. Bad enough the hit I'll take on a two year old unit, let alone the trade in whack!
Rusty
Old 01-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #15

Nobody wants to pay you what it is worth! They want you to give it to them! They can buy new with little down !
Old 01-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFAR View Post
Nobody wants to pay you what it is worth! They want you to give it to them! They can buy new with little down !
Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

It's the convenience factor when you trade a unit in and that's worth money too, our dealer still has our 2014 Dynamax Trilogy on the lot after 6 months - better them than us.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #17

Very well said! Wanted more but the longer you wait the more you lose
Old 01-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #18

We traded our Cedar Creek in when we got our River Stone and the dealer sold our trade in 3 days.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #19

A friend of mine called last night and made another point I forgot about; taxes. Trading in lowers the taxable amount by the amount of the trade. Where I live, it's 7.75%, so that may factor into my decision. I'd be a lot more excited if I wasn't sitting on two RV's.
Rusty
Old 01-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #20

Congrats on your new Riverstone ! I understand about dealer trade in being such a huge hit. We have not had any luck selling our current 5er. We are still focused on the 34SLE. Planning to take a trip to AR to see a few Riverstone. Hubby really likes the 38FB plan, might be a good fit.