Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Price Change?

Just when I thought I was finally getting my new 38MB! Long story short; In December I put down $1,000 with a dealer (who shall remain nameless for now) to hold a price and to "save a place in production" for an agreed upon price. Now, when I am putting my final build order in, the dealer is telling me there is a $4,500 price increase! Pretty frustrated. Dealer, who has been pretty upfront with me to date, said he'd get back to me by Tuesday after he talks to the factory, in hopes we can work something out. I am under the assumption that my $1,000 would hold the price, and if there was an upcoming increase, I would be told so I could either commit or back out. That's a pretty hefty price increase without letting me know beforehand. If I knew there was a change, I'd have placed the order sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed, as I don't want to start my search all over again.
Rusty
__________________

lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 12,058
Without actually placing the order when you gave them a deposit then most likely the price was not locked in. Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 25
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Finster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Iowa
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Just when I thought I was finally getting my new 38MB! Long story short; In December I put down $1,000 with a dealer (who shall remain nameless for now) to hold a price and to "save a place in production" for an agreed upon price. Now, when I am putting my final build order in, the dealer is telling me there is a $4,500 price increase! Pretty frustrated. Dealer, who has been pretty upfront with me to date, said he'd get back to me by Tuesday after he talks to the factory, in hopes we can work something out. I am under the assumption that my $1,000 would hold the price, and if there was an upcoming increase, I would be told so I could either commit or back out. That's a pretty hefty price increase without letting me know beforehand. If I knew there was a change, I'd have placed the order sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed, as I don't want to start my search all over again.
Rusty
Im not real sure what good putting in a down payment did when you didn't actually put the order in other than to lock you into that dealer. Im pretty sure the factory builds to order as they come in, and their not going to put yours at the front of the line just because your dealers been holding money since December. When I ordered mine, my dealer didn't get a penny until we were committed, picked all the options, a price was agreed upon, and the order ready to be submitted. I don't know what recourse you have if nothing was drawn up on paper.
__________________
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2017 Shamrock 233s
Waterloo, Iowa
Finster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,301
Bait and switch...Dealer sales guy needed his quota.
__________________
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3575 Elite with Reese Sidewinder
2016 Ford F 350 SD PS 6.7 SRW Crew Pucks and Reese 18 K Elite

2013 Rockwood 8289WS 2012 Rockwood 2703 SS TT 2007 Golden Falcon 38FLA PM 1983 Corsair 21RB
2015 Ford F250 PS '13 F150 3.5 Eco '09 F150 5.4 l 1987 Merc Grand Marq 1982 Ford E250 CW
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Hopefully not just being naive. Keeping my fingers crossed that the dealer will step up. I have all my e-mails where they said they needed the grand to hold the price til my order was placed. Legally I probably have a leg to stand on but at this point it's probably not worth litigating, especially since it may work out. Just want to be treated fairly. We'll see. Keep you posted.
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Without actually placing the order when you gave them a deposit then most likely the price was not locked in. Later RJD


X2

Model year change over for RV's is in April. Is impossible now to build last years model. You don't lock in a price on anything until you sign a sales contract.
__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Probably another life lesson for me. Never too old to learn i guess.
__________________

lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.