Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #1

Riverstone 39fkth

don't know why this model is not listed under the th section?? anyhoo, looking for current f/t owners who have this current model and can tell me all your good/bad bout it, am currently trying to decide on this or a class a newmar/thor type? thanks for your input
MeSeaHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:39 AM   #2

What questions do you have, seeing it is their only floor plan that is a toy hauler is why it is not in the toy hauler section, there are some River Stone owners here that can answer brand related question if that will help you at all. I was just at the factory yesterday and only saw one completed FKTH but it was very nice!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:53 AM   #3

RiverStone 39FKTH

FYI....Don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a youtube video on this:

Ray from Couch's RV Nation does a pretty decent job of explaining the unit, including dimensions when the garage is fully and partially open.

The kitchen and entertainment layout are essentially the same as the FK model, which looks a lot nicer than other toy haulers out there.

Noel
2 Hobie Inflatable Kayaks
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

We've been looking at this model as well. Trying to find one to go look at but there are not many dealers that carry Riverstone. We want to carry a golf cart and this looks like it would be perfect. Only downside is I'll have to get a new truck, a little heavy for our 08' 3500.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #5

They have a new model due out a37flth
dgsearcy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by millman75 View Post
FYI....Don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a youtube video on this:

Ray from Couch's RV Nation does a pretty decent job of explaining the unit, including dimensions when the garage is fully and partially open.

The kitchen and entertainment layout are essentially the same as the FK model, which looks a lot nicer than other toy haulers out there.

Noel
the camper in the video is actually mine
Spkerhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:09 AM   #7

Angry

We had the opportunity to see one at our dealership last week.
Tons of storage in kitchen, bedroom and outside, more than I've ever seen, very heavy on the pin though (4000# plus) even without generator. A kitchen to die for but no rangehood over the gas cooktop, however the fantastic fan is most likely sufficient, I personally would have chosen the induction cooktop instead. The unit we looked at was ordered by the dealer with 3 8000# axles instead of 7000#, disc brakes and 17 1/2" G614 Goodyear tires, very nice touch. Unless you live near the north pole 3 ACs are a must, this trailer had the main unit with heat pump. My only concern would be accessing the bathroom and bedroom with the living room slide in.The MSRP is around US$125,000 with all options.

Edit: No idea how Mr. ANGRY got in there and how to get rid of him
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #8

Wonder if a golf cart would fit with the bed lowered?
Just say your spending a night at a truck stop and didn’t want to unload the golf cart.
Or is it possible to use the bedroom in the up position ?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #9

Went to look at the 39FKTH

I currently have an 2018 39FK but definitely could appreciate the TH aspect and wish they would come out with more options and perhaps more like the Fullhouse DRV version.

The biggest issue I notices was the Cramped Bedroom. You lose a lot of space with the TH compartment below (not sure if you would have fumes issues or not, but when the bed was up especially, you could definitely see big open gaps into the TH area.

If you have the King bed, there will be very little room to walk around the bed. As it is, you are Not able to open the closet doors completely and the lower drawers are difficult to access. This will result in very difficult use of the closet space.

Another one of the design flaws of the 39FK(TH) is the location of the electrical outlets. Not sure why they were not placed at the headboard. The placement will require you to run your cords over/around the head of the bed and they may need to be on an extension cord.

I did notice quite a few enhancements over the regular 39FK. But first a couple they didn't resolve. 1 being the little glass flap over the fireplace where you are to place your satellite box, "blu-ray" player, etc. The pocked is not deep enough to place the devices fully and close the glass flap. I had to remove the flap and just have a little open area where my satellite box, etc hang out.

The other design flaw that still exists is the placement of the outside awning arm. When extended, you can not get the door open fully. The slightest wind slams the door close. Have to use a bungee cord to hold the door open. Even still, with the awning retracted fully, there is nothing to hold the door open against the wind.

The design flaws that have been fixed over the regular 39FK include the external electrical cord pull through flap so you can actually close the door/flap completely. The added rear storage is a nice feature. Still would prefer the door opening to be larger to better put items away and remove. On the regular 39FK, the door is very small and limited to either small items or flexible items and then have to push them to either side.

I like the central vac in the new location which makes it more useful cleaning the kitchen, etc. Plus the foot trap is always a nice feature.

Despite the stereo and DVD player in the LR being upgraded and "Bluetooth" it is still Not Blu-ray. Which is puzzling since most DVD's are blu-ray or above. They put a nice 4K TV but no ability to watch associated HD or UHD DVD's

I also like the tank pulls in the water compartment. Makes it much nicer vs having to get down on all fours to empty the tanks (you still have to do this for the front kitchen tank...plus the hose connection is actually under the slide making it difficult to connect and disconnect.

Hopefully they have changed models/brands of the on demand hot water as the regular 39FK version can be very frustrating with it shutting itself off during a shower. There is not enough room to be a regular hot water heater in its place. Additionally, you have to be patient getting hot water to the kitchen. Have to actually run the hot water for at least a minute before starting the dishwasher to ensure the water is hot to wash the dishes.

While the extra drawer space is always nice to have, not sure what purpose the drawers in the stairs serve. They are small and not much can fit. Perhaps some cleaning rags, etc. Can't fit vaccum hoses, etc. Maybe a few light tools, etc.

Also keep in mind with this design for a TH, you will have to remove your "toy'"s in order to put the bed down. So when on location where you are staying, they will remain outside. Which is really not that big of an issue unless you want to move it out of weather, security, safety, etc.

All for this review
ccconklin is offline   Reply With Quote