Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #1

Riverstone Help Needed Deciding Which Unit

We are looking to purchase our next home to full time live and travel the USA. We keep coming back to the Riverstone product because of the quality, the amenities, the looks. What I need help with is from seasoned full timers. We want to visit many National and State parks but understand that many have length restrictions to units under 35’ to 37’. We like the new Riverstone 34SLE, but there are none to look at near us, too New a model I guess. We have spent a lot of time at dealer locations looking at the 39RKFB and 38FB models. I like that they have the half bath and much larger front bath set ups. So the question is, when full timing and traveling what is most important? Living comfortably, or being able to get into campgrounds? I think I know the answer just need to hear from those that are actually doing it now. I want to get this right the first time around. I understand that there are many RV campgrounds near these state and national parks that can accommodate larger RV’S so that is definitely an option.
Thanks in advance for all the help folks, really appreciate it.

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Always Learning

I think only you can answer that. Which is more important to YOU?

We fulltime with my family of 4 in a 42’ rig. I’ve been able to go and sight-see everywhere we’ve wanted. BUT, we aren’t often in idyllic campgrounds. We are typically in RV parks.

But, my family prioritizes comfort inside over beautiful outside. We’ve long established, we are travelers. There are times that I don’t leave the rig in a whole day (I work fulltime).

On the other hand, there are plenty of folks living in small rigs who are perfectly content to be outside and share photos of their jaw-droppingly beautiful boondocking camp sites. I won’t lie, I get jealous of them!

Can you find a smaller rig that is similar to what you like? Have you and your wife spend a few hours playing pretend.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #3

We have a 38mb Legacy but not full timing but do travel close to 100 nights a year. We live on the east side of the states but travel out west often, we use mostly private rv parks and never had a real issue plus have been in a few state parks and also have checked them while in areas for future stops and usually can find spots to fit us. Now grant it backing skills will come into play also but with practice you will find it gets easier.
Have you considered a trip to the factory? I am sure if you contact them they might even be able to let you know when the unit your interested in might be in production, plus the area offers plenty to see and do to make a trip out of it. Good luck on your decision and keep us informed.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:42 PM   #4

After looking for almost a year we chose the 38 RE. There are several advantages to all of the models. Like dblr said, a factory visit is great. We did a tour last October and settled on several must haves and finally found one that fit our needs and wants. Dava is the girl on the phone at the factory and Jay is the plant manager they are both great. I feel that choosing a Riverstone you will be happy with your choice which ever model.
JimNKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrsafe View Post
We are looking to purchase our next home to full time live and travel the USA. We keep coming back to the Riverstone product because of the quality, the amenities, the looks. What I need help with is from seasoned full timers. We want to visit many National and State parks but understand that many have length restrictions to units under 35’ to 37’. We like the new Riverstone 34SLE, but there are none to look at near us, too New a model I guess. We have spent a lot of time at dealer locations looking at the 39RKFB and 38FB models. I like that they have the half bath and much larger front bath set ups. So the question is, when full timing and traveling what is most important? Living comfortably, or being able to get into campgrounds? I think I know the answer just need to hear from those that are actually doing it now. I want to get this right the first time around. I understand that there are many RV campgrounds near these state and national parks that can accommodate larger RV’S so that is definitely an option.
Thanks in advance for all the help folks, really appreciate it.

Pete
Update Folks,

We purchased the display unit RiverStone 38FB2 at the Tampa RV Show. Hoping to take delivery this weekend, will Post some pics when we get her home.

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 AM   #6

Congrats! I'm sure you will love it!