Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

Water Hose Reel

After being sick and tired of dealing with unruly water hoses, I put one of these Morryde reels in the basement of our 38FB. Itís really made for a power cord but works out pretty good I and doesnít take up much space at all. Kind of pricey is the only downside.

Happy RVingClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5067.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	175911

jacgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacgec View Post
After being sick and tired of dealing with unruly water hoses, I put one of these Morryde reels in the basement of our 38FB. Itís really made for a power cord but works out pretty good I and doesnít take up much space at all. Kind of pricey is the only downside.

Happy RVingAttachment 175911
I've considered an air hose reel. Just haven't gotten one yet. Yours looks doable.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 PM   #3

I looked at those too. I think this one may contain the hose a little better than some I looked at. When you get into some of the nicer ones they get pricey too. Iíve got 50í on this one and there is room for plenty more.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 AM   #4

I had one for my power cord (held 50' of my 50 amp cord nicely). Like previously said, it does take up a lot of space. While I'm waiting for my Riverstone to be built, I've been shopping. I am going to try those marine/RV Zero G water hoses. Takes up almost no space. I have the regular Zero G around the house and they are great. A lot better than the standard expandable hoses. My only concern is how they will hold up under constant 45 PSI pressure. For $28 for 25' we'll find out.
Rusty
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:43 AM   #5
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
After many years of frustrations (especially in the colder weather) trying to roll a hose up into a "tub" I finally opted for a Zero G hose and I'm kicking myself for not doing it much sooner. Drinking water safe - extremely flexible and a 5-year warranty.

Easily curls up into a very small plastic tub. Available at Lowe's.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & 2017: 712 ~ Nights Camping 2018: 65
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #6

I would be interested to hear how it works out. It sounds like you have had good experience. When I looked at these on Amazon I was gun shy because of some of the bursting reviews. They should be fine at 600 lbs burst rating. You probably know this but ďsomeĒ campgrounds run pressures much higher than 45 lbs so itís a good idea to take a pressure regulator ďthat has a pressure gaugeĒ with you. Not so much because of the hose, but to protect your interior plumbing system.
You are going to love your Riverstone! There is so much more quality built in.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #7

Thanks. Looking forward to delivery. I have the hose, now all I need is an RV. LOL.
Rusty

lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water