Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #1

Wi Fi Questions

Hi Folks,

We have recently moved to an RV Park and will be onsite for the next 9 months and the Wi Fi service is not good. I wanted to find out what other owners are doing to improve their internet service. I noticed the last time I was on the roof there is a decal saying that the Winegard cable is located there. Can someone tell me if thatís where I could install a Winegard Connect 2.0?

Thanks,

Pete

Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:04 AM   #2

What do you use the internet for? Paying bills, email, surfing the net, watching movies?

A better antenna isn't going to do you any good if the rv park throttles ?your connection. They typically say that their connection is good for reading email. In addition, the connections are not secure.

We have a hotspot that gives us a secure connection. Ours is a standalone, but many smartphones can be used. We tend to use ours with a tablet (or kindle) that tends to download less data and keeps us within limits.

For movies, tv etc. we tend to watch the rv parks cable.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

If you’ve moved into the RV Park, you might be able to have the cable company bring you high speed cable right to your rig.

Otherwise, a booster might help or it might not. Take your phone/laptop to where the WiFi is he strongest at the RV park. See if the speeds are OK there. If they are, a booster can help. Look at something like the WifiRanver. If it is still slow, there is nothing you can do but look at alternatives (cellular internet primarily if you can’t get high speed internet brought to your rig).