Old 04-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #1

2019 NoBo 10.6 Problems

We took delivery of a new 2019 NoBo 10.6 yesterday. We have been eye balling these trailers for quite some time because of their more rugged usabliity and are super excited to start taking it our for more than a night in the campground like last night. With that said, we are noticing a couple of things that are a bit concerning. We can't find any videos about them out there yet.....any advice is appreciated.
Firstly, the water hose does not work. When we try to use the hose the pump kicks on, a bit of water spits out, and that is it. It does not work as expected. I don't think that we could be doing anything wrong, but who knows. When we did our walk-through, this happened for the salesman, but he told us that was just because there was not a full tank of water. We filled it up, and same scenario. Any thoughts?
The second item, that may be a new user issue is that if we plug the trailer in, the fan inside in the fuse box runs and never stops. Is this normal?
Finally; when unplugged, the power to the inside items (ie: tv and USB ports) is continuously on. We can't find a way to turn these off. Even using the main power center switches the lights remain illuminated.) What am I missing?
Thanks so much for any help!

cbremery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

When we try to use the hose the pump kicks on, a bit of water spits out, and that is it. You may have air in the lines that needs to be blown out first. let it run a while. Also many of the outside showers/hoses have a second water stop valve so the water can be shut off at the wand. It is usually a push valve. You could also have crud in the hose end. Try removing the nozzle and trying again.

The second item, that may be a new user issue is that if we plug the trailer in, the fan inside in the fuse box runs and never stops. Is this normal?
The fan you are hearing is the converter fan it is temperature controlled and if you plug into shore power after being unplugged for a while the battery charge current is high enough to cause heat in the converter. Once the battery is charged, the converter fan will slow or stop.

Finally; when unplugged, the power to the inside items (ie: tv and USB ports) is continuously on. We can't find a way to turn these off.

This is what is known as parasitic draws. These can kill a battery over a week or two of sitting ( and cause the issue listed above). The best way to cure this is to add a disconnect switch on the ground terminal of the battery. Shut it off when storing the NoBo. Be sure to turn in on before towing as it needs to power the breakaway system. You can temporarily disconnect the negative cable from the battery until you have a switch installed.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #3

2019 NoBo 10.6 Problems

If you are hooked to a pressurized water supply. Leave the pump off.

Any chance whoever winterized left the antifreeze inlet valve open/bypassed? This would stop pump from pumping.

Have you checked all of the faucets? Might be surprised the small amount of crap in the aerator will STOP the flow. Unscrew and try again.

I cannot get my radio off either. Some have a removable face...mine doesnít. Will have to put a switch or pull the fuse.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #4

Thank you for the advice! You were right, they left the valve in the wrong direction. Once I located it, I switched it and voila.....water! Greatly appreciated.
Now to get the electrical side in order and we are good to go!!
Thank you!
Old 04-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #5

Thank you for the valve comment! We were able to finally locate the valve, put it in the right direction and our water worked as expected.
The electrical thing has me a bit puzzled still. The dealer tells me that the fan will run all the time because of how much draw is required. I think they gave us a faulty/dead batter, based on the fact that the Nobo literally has a cooler running (if plugged in) at any given time, and that is really it. It is fairly bare bones.
Hoping they call me back as promised.
Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Might as well get used to that fan sound...

After awhile you won't even notice it.

Mine will run if I turn on more than one light at a time in my 33-foot 5'ver, although I did just buy a new bigger deep cycle battery last week!

Maybe that will help.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbremery View Post
Thank you for the advice! You were right, they left the valve in the wrong direction. Once I located it, I switched it and voila.....water! Greatly appreciated.
Now to get the electrical side in order and we are good to go!!
Thank you!
Camp on!
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #8

Feel fortunate. We specially ordered or unit with the highest level arctic package. Hopefully they did install the token "extra" insulation. They installed the sticker near the door, but evidently the lunch whistle sounded and nobody bothered to install the rest. We caught the lack of tank heaters during pdi. Factory fixed that literally the next day. Fortunately we live 20 miIes from our factory. We missed the lack of winterizing valves until a year later when it dawned on me to crawl in behind the water heater to look. Like who winterizes in sunny Socal but hey, I paid for it and it should have been there.

Oh well you get what you pay for ---or not. Wonder how much is screwed up on a $400,000.00 coach.
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #9

My converter fan runs only when the charger is delivering a substantial charge to a significantly discharged battery. At trickle charge output, the fan shuts off. I have solar on my rig, so when I plug into the generator to run 120 volt appliances (e.g. Microwave), the converter fan runs in the morning after overnight discharge, but not in the evening, because solar has the battery topped off. If you think you got screwed on your battery, bring it to an auto parts store and ask them to load test it. If it's bad, they'll tell you, and you should get a replacement from the RV dealer.

The parasitic loads include: CO/propane detector, stereo head unit and/or DVD entertainment center head unit. That should be pretty much it. While the CO/propane detector MUST be on at all times unless the battery is disconnected (for safety reasons), the fact that the entertainment center is a parasitic load is just poor design. Having the USB plugs live should cause no problems unless you load them.

All other items should turn off with various switches: You mentioned "lights."
I'm not clear if you mean entertainment system pilot lights or cabin lighting. Entertainment center pilot lights, clocks, and so on may well stay on.

Cabin overhead lighting, furnace, hot water heater, fridge, water pump and so on should all turn off definitively. If any of those items remains on after switching them off, I'm at a loss other than thinking they were wired to bypass their own switches. I'm assuming this is not the problem you are experiencing.

Several have suggested a battery disconnect. If I recall, NoBo campers have these. Check either in the "pass thru" compartment (or any storage near the tongue) or in and around the battery box, and you may find one. If it doesn't have one, you can install one on the GROUND wire. Make sure that all ground wires connect to the switch so those sneaky parasitic loads are completely turned off.

Given you have a NoBo, I'm surprised that it doesn't have solar. Solar can easily keep up with the parasitic loads....it does on my rig. I have a single 12 volt group 24 battery and a 100 watt solar panel on the roof. I never have to think about battery power. If you boondock, solar will change your experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Solar.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	203312  

Typical season is about 30 nights camping, usually nearby boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Wellington
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote