Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #1

New guy here

I bought a NOBO 10.5 about 12 days ago. Really wanted to get the 2019 as the 2020 are now taller like the 10.6
I had to drive to Colorado from California to pick it up since I could not find one near me.
So far I am little disappointed in the build quality. Numerous seams open on the roof that never had any dicor on them. The dicor was applied about 1/4 away from areas on the seams. Maybe mine was built on a Friday at 4:30 and was rushed.
The solar had no power to the plug. It is connected at the battery. So there is a little access panel in the back right corner interior and I pulled the panel to see the back side of the plug and found the exposed power wire from the battery. They were stripped and ready to be put on the plug but were never crimped you the plug. The plug end had the crimped nuts but the didn’t connect the wires from the battery before crimping.
I called and emailed forest river / no boundaries numerous times and never once had a single reply for over 10 days now. I went to my local dealer and they were all nice and as soon as I said I didn’t buy it from them they said we don’t won’t do any warranty work unless it was purchased from us. That made me upset. But they did say I could purchase and parts and pay them to do the work. Wow!!
So since no calls from manufacturer and local dealer won’t help I had to fix it myself.
So long story short this made me look over every square inch of the trailer.
So far:
Roof dicor
Solar power plug wiring
Slide out tray no assembled correctly
Cable and satellite cables not connected to the interior receptacle, just left loose in the wall.
3 bolts missing that bolt the Rhino Rack to the roof. Just open holes.
The parts that bolt to the rack screws were loose due to they didn’t have lock washers on them. The ones that were tight had lock washers. So I fixed all that.
USB plug in the back of the trailer was installed but never wired up. The power wires were behind the wall at least.
One nut was missing that bolts the body to the trailer frame. The bolt was just there and dangling loose right behind the spare tire.
End caps missing for the Rhino Rack bars.
The Fox wing awning all the stitching from the cover is coming out and once opened it does not go a full 270 degrees. It’s wayyyyy too short.
The decals are lifting in some areas and are discolored in other areas, like black is coming through the green parts.
Does anyone have a contact to call at No Boundaries?

I am just fortunate enough that I know how to do all these repairs myself. Upsetting, but at least I can. I am still looking into more things as before I use it I want to make sure it’s ready and safe.
Thanks David.
Vyprdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Did you not do a good PDI and require the selling dealer to fix these things before you drove off the lot. It gets recommend all the time here that a person should camp close to the dealer for a few days to ensure everything works like it should. Dealers are under no obligation to do work on your rig if you didn't buy from them most buyers like you go into thinking the RV industry is like the auto industry and get a rude awaking when wanting warranty work. Take your list and the rig back to the selling dealer and make them fix it or find a local RV repair shop and have FR authorize them to do the work. You are lucky you can fix things yourself good luck.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #3

That’s a lot - whew. We have just found one small problem on our 10.6 (but haven’t looked at internal wiring!)

I can help with the batwing issue - please look for my post 5-6 weeks ago about this. The rhino rack bat wings were made incorrectly and will be replaced.

We are to request the replacement at the end of October. The replacement units should be ready then.

I was told this when I contacted them complaining that it didn’t reach all the way around.