Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 05:21 PM   #1

Nobo 10.6 (any trailer)mod - Velcro bars

I love this mod as I can easily strap gear to my walls for storage or travel.
These can be added to any trailer. I just mounted lengths of 2.5 inch wide strips of soft Velcro to white finishing MDF boards. I then use one inch Velcro strips as the gear holders.

I started with one but then added two per side and have endless options for usage.

The shotgun cup holder option came in handy night one when a black bear jumped up on our attached side table. I did not need to shot it but it sure helped us feel more secure after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	211174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	211175   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0471.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	211176  
NoboUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Wow those look very handy! How did you secure them to the walls? Forest river says not to screw anything into the wall material.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:31 PM   #3

The wood with Velcro glued to it, is screwed to the wall. The stud by the door is easy to find, the other two less so.
I have these and another strip higher up that hold a gear shelf. A 5' x 6' cargo net. I use for wet gear or to store the bed mats cleanly.
Neither the Velcro bars or gear shelf have had any issues.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 AM   #4

I’d love to see photos of the netting holding the bed mats. Do you store them in the netting just for travel days or do you use the space under them while camping?

How did you find the studs away from the door? Tap -tap -tap and listen? Or a stud finder?

I’ve got two tension rods set up just in front of the ramp door opening with the intention of storing shoes and other light items (maybe baskets) on them. But I like the idea of cargo netting. Did you secure the corner of the cargo netting with screws into the ceiling or the corners of the walls?

Sorry for peppering you with so many questions. You are the only person I’ve found who has done mods like these. Thanks for your time!
Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #5

No problem about the questions. Sorry for the delay, I was on another trip off the grid.

I will add a separate post for the cargo net, but I found when adding the wood strips for that the screws that were intended for studs actually held very well no the wall material. My stud finder did a poor job, and if I made a hole already I just stuck with it. I used the wood strips so I did not have to pepper the walls with holes (many D-ring were needed). See the other post.

Tags
trailer