Old 07-30-2019, 04:59 PM   #1

Nobo 10.6 mod - rear door to table

I thought I would use my rear door as a table so I added a couple of PVC threaded pipe ends where the bumper stops are. I the build a couple of PVC legs that spin onto the ends for quick and easy legs.

I love this mod for two reasons. The table is great but if I leave the rear door open it is off the ground limiting access to mice or bugs that can easily crawl up a ramp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	211169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	211170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	211171  

NoboUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #2

Me again - how did you secure the pipe ends to the door?

Do you stand on this or just use it as a table?

We are thinking of putting a couple of jacks underneath so we can sit on it (Plus we will have the jacks in case we need to change a tire)

Old 08-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #3

Th last picture (that posted upside down and don't know how to fix) shows how they are connected. I removed the bump stops and used the same screw holes for the threaded 2" PVC end caps. The poles them selves have the female end of the threaded cap stuck on to a length of 2" PVC pipe, capped on the other end. When the door is up, I remove the legs in 3 seconds.

I do stand on it, but only on the hinge side. The legs will never compress but will not handle excess side to side movements. My 4 year old on the other hand, dances on his dance floor all day. Sitting is not an issue if you have level ground or create it with a shovel.

This was a $20 mod that has worked well.
NoboUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #4

jacks as supports

We just got a couple of 6,000 lbs jacks to support the corners of the ramp as a table, bench.

The height from the ground (where we are parked at home - uneven ground) was 27", so it took a little shopping around to find jacks that went up that hight. We found a pair for $50 and they work great. I think on an even pad, the height would be closer to 20-22 inches, but please measure yours before buying.

I added some rubber material (leftover shelf protection material) to protect the door where the jacks sit, and to add a bit of slip resistance. There are some thick rubber jack caps/covers which look more robust, but for now, our thin ones are OK.

We position the jack heads on the metal door frame, just next to the rubber stoppers.

Its the perfect height for a food prep and food/drink service table.

Tags
door