Old 06-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #1

Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Info - Installed

One of the "options" we wanted on our 10.5 was the Pioneer Platform instead of the Vortex Cargo Bars. We just werent able to find one with the option when we bought ours and since I had installed one previously on one my past Jeep Wranglers I figured it would be a simple chore to order it and install it. WRONG!

Well, the installation was SUPER simple since I already had the Rhino Rack crossbars/legs. Turns out the "ordering" part was the issue. Not a single FR dealer I called had any part numbers for ordering the platform. So I was finally able to get in touch with Rhino Rack after a few days and luckily the gentleman I spoke to had some knowledge. Turns out all you need is the platform and 2 sets of spacers if you have the Rhino Rack crossbars already installed. The platform has to be shipped freight as its already assembled and a specialty item specifically designed/built for the NoBo's. You can order the parts directly from Rhino Rack but you will pay more, ALOT more. This gentleman gave me the name of a dealer to call and told me they could save me some money by ordering from them, and boy did they!

If I wouldve ordered from RR, the platform is $620 PLUS $200 freight shipping. Ordering from this dealer, I paid $566 for the platform and FREE freight shipping through R&L!! I've listed the part numbers and the contact names/info from the dealer if anyone is interested in upgrading. I highly recommend the platform! Its bulletproof and gives you alot more storage space to lock down your gear!

I had to call the dealer to order, none of this is on their website. They even had to contact RR to verify part #'s, etc before they could take my order.

Dealer: Cargo Gear
Contact: Chris or Julian (I spoke with both and they were awesome)
Phone: 520-792-6614

Rhino Rack NOBO Pioneer Platform #52120B
Rhino Rack Spacers #QMHD05 (you need 2 of these)

Spacers were $10.80 each
Platform was $566.10
Total was $587.70

The Batwing awning/brackets bolt right up to the platform with no issues. You just have to align the bolts using the holes that are 90 degrees from the current ones used. It took me 3 times as long to find all the info as it did to install it. Total install time was under 30 minutes, removing old bars, installing legs onto platform, realigning the feet and bolting on the awning.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer. Hope this saves someone some time/effort/money if they chose to upgrade.

Dozer_10.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #2

Thanks for all the specifics. Youíve probably saved people a lot of time!

Tags
led