Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #1

Why NOBO instead of Geo Pro

Other than a floor plan was there any other reasons you choose a NOBO over a similar Geo Pro? Want to make sure I'm not missing something in my comparisons...
Red Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #2

I’m looking for the same answer and am having a hard time finding any comparisons. I love the features and design of the epro and geopro but the utility of the nobo.
Stravic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:27 PM   #3

I did see a video that said the nobo had a pvc roof that carried a 15 year non pro-rated warranty.

I got this response from Forest River:

The Geo Pro uses Alpha Superflex III roofing material. It is a rubber, vinyl composite that is extremely durable and has a 12 year warranty.

The Geo Pro offers a few things that the NOBO does not. A few of those things are the standard 100W roof solar panel with 1000W inverter, upgraded frameless windows, vacuum bond laminated roof, aluminum framed dinette and bed bases, water filtration systems and the showermiser water conservation system.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #4

I wonder if these features offset those offered by the NOBO. The geopro and epro both offer the off-road package.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #5

Just found out from the geo Pro rep that the epro And geo Pro both come with independent torsion axles also. I don’t see much benefit from the NOBO over the other two. In fact I think you get more options with the latter. The water filtration system is really nice
Old 07-25-2019, 06:44 AM   #6

One thing that pushed me towards the No Bo and not the Geo Pro was cargo capacity. The No Bo I chose was the 19.5 and it has a listed carrying capacity of 1300 lbs. The 19' Geo Pros had a capacity around 800 lbs.

I wanted that extra capacity to make sure I didn't overload the trailer.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
One thing that pushed me towards the No Bo and not the Geo Pro was cargo capacity. The No Bo I chose was the 19.5 and it has a listed carrying capacity of 1300 lbs. The 19' Geo Pros had a capacity around 800 lbs.

I wanted that extra capacity to make sure I didn't overload the trailer.
Good point, I didn’t realize the big difference. Is the inside height any different? Does the nobo have a hookup for a backup cam?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #8

I'm not sure about the inside height and whether there is an advantage to one or the other, but the 19.5 has a walk around full queen bed and I think the Geo Pro did not have that option.

I do not think there is a back up camera pre-wiring set up, but I was going to use one of the marker lights to power mine.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #9

We looked at both and decided on the NoBo 19.5 for several reasons including the walk around queen bed in the 19.5. The NoBo 19.5 has significantly more storage and has a larger refrigerator with a separate freezer. NoBo does not have prewiring for a backup camera. We added that on as a dealer installed option.
fickerdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #10

Good things to consider. Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:27 PM   #11

I did not look at a geo pro, because I was stricken by the full bed in the nobo 19.5. I’m tall and my previous camper (built in ‘85) would neither allow me to stand up fully nor lie done fully stretched out. Plenty of headroom also.

Tags
geo pro