Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #1

195bh inverter install

For those with a 195bh and an inverter:
1. where did you you install it?
2: how do you use it: wired into outlets or just plug your device directly into it?
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #2

Any advice on getting power from battery box on tongue to inside front storage area? I'm guessing I have to drill a hole somewhere on outside of trailer, which scares me. But where is the most convenient spot? Going though the aluminum siding on front or underneath and coming through floor in storage?
Old 04-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
Site Team

On my Roo 23SS, I fed the wires to the inverter, from the battery, through the grommet for the other wires from the battery, thru the front storage area, to the cabinet that has the tv hookups area.
That's where I mounted the inverter.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
On my Roo 23SS, I fed the wires to the inverter, from the battery, through the grommet for the other wires from the battery, thru the front storage area, to the cabinet that has the tv hookups area.
That's where I mounted the inverter.

That would be ideal, by my setup has the battery cables run to a junction box under front frame, and then conduit running under camper to back where the breaker box is under a bunk bed. So the only predrilled holes going inside are at back of camper.
There is this little wire from the junction box through bottom of camper under the front storage area but it doesn't come through. Must be routed somewhere between underside and flooring?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430417870.098904.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	75728Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430417892.800251.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	75729
Old 04-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Any advice on getting power from battery box on tongue to inside front storage area? I'm guessing I have to drill a hole somewhere on outside of trailer, which scares me. But where is the most convenient spot? Going though the aluminum siding on front or underneath and coming through floor in storage?
Been thinking about this myself. Comes down to two things for me, do I want to power all the outlets or a select location. For a select location I would choose near our TV, when we've boondocked that's where we needed 110v. Last time we used a Craftsman Power Supply/12v Jump Box/Air Compressor that has its own battery and it worked great for the TV. The true deciding factor to install nothing was the fact that by the time I added 2 quality batteries and bought a good quality sine wave inverter I could almost buy a generator that would power everything including my wall mounted A/C. When you're talking about Summer in the south, A/C is almost a necessity if you want to enjoy your sleep.

Drilling to install the wire I would always go through the floor. Use a small bit first that would make a hole that's easy to fill if it turns out to be in the wrong location. Oh yeah, why 2 batteries since I already have 1? I know from my truck driving days that adding a new battery to an old one is just asking for trouble and will insure an early death for both.
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #6

drilled hole in floor under bed to install cable. the floor is very thin or follow the wires down in the conduit and come up where the other wires do, fyi the clamps I removed and replaced that held the wires, mine was crushed cutting into the wires where it ran along the side, I bought new clamps that were bigger and moved them down a little bit to give them room
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter