Old 09-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
1st camping trip - 171rbxl

Two weeks after purchasing our new 2017 171rbxl, we took it on its maiden voyage for a 4 day Labor Day holiday. All in all, it was a good trip with nothing major happening and the trailer worked well and we are pleased with our purchase.

Things that we noticed that needs attention:

1) The shower enclosure on one wall is not attached and there is play between it and the wall. I am a little concerned that water will get behind it and cause rotting/mold issues. If only it was sealed to the wall at least along the top.

2) We had no water hookup at the camp site so we were using our FW tank only. We did what we could to save water as to not fill the BW and GW tanks but alas we were at the limit by the end of the trip. Now here is the "funny" part --- monitoring the tanks, the BW readings indicated that it was filling at a pretty good rate while the GW was still low. It didn't make sense to me until the last night there. The wiring for the BW and GW tanks is reversed !!! So while I was telling my wife not to pee so much I should have been telling her to use the paper plates

3) As we were setting up, I noticed this 4 inch bolt hanging down from the right front of the trailer. Upon inspection, it is supposed to be where the front of the cabin bolts to the frame. It was totally loose with no nut on it. When I examined the left front, there was a 1 inch bolt and the nut on it was about to fall off. So i tightened that one and will have to find a washer/nut to put on the other side and then cut it off to size.

4) The kitchen drawer right under the sink --- when you slide the drawer in, it hits the trap of the drain pipe. I am guessing I will have to trim down the back of the drawer some so that it won't keep hitting the drain pipe and eventually wearing it down.

The one thing that was memorable about the trip --- around 0700 of the first morning, we awoke to the feeling of the trailer rolling back and forth (yeah, we were asleep so it wasn't us ). I sat up in bed, still feeling a little groggy, and was thinking someone was hitching our TT to their TV ... but after a few seconds it hit me -- EARTHQUAKE !!! Sure enough, there was a 5.8 quake centered about 90 miles from us. Some may think that's not too bad BUT remember that we are in Oklahoma !!!

So back to the TT ... I have a little work to do but its acceptable. We have another trip planned in two weeks !!!

Allan and Angie
with our little dog Phoebe

2017 Cruise Lite 171rbxl
2010 Ford F150 (soon to grow to 2017 F250)
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
1st camping trip - 171rbxl

While it's possible the tank wiring could be wrong, the BW tanks are known for misreadings. A little tissue or "solids" stuck to the side where a sensor is gives a false reading. I've emptied my BW tank before and it read 3/4 full after.
You will get a sense for how much you can use each tank, but your BW tank isn't going to fill up from normal use on a 4 day trip as they use little water.
The biggest culprit to GW use is washing dishes. We use a large pot in the sink to catch all dishwater and pour outside or in BW to save room in GW tank. It makes a big difference on space for extra shower/bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote