Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #1

2009 Salem 392FBRB2Q

What a wonderful forum! Hello to all of you fellow campers, and thanks for the opportunity to share information with all of you Forest River owners. Here is our dilemma:

We ordered a 2009 Salem 392 FBRB2Q PT last week. We love the layout, the standard equipment, and the options that we chose. It's supposed to be coming off the assembly line at the end of August. We have heard from some of our fellow seasonal campers that the Salems are basically junk. The slideouts leak. The exterior metal seams leak. The overall quality is poor. Blah, blah, blah. Now we are feeling very insecure about taking delivery.

Our new Salem will be a seasonal trailer, and it will be left at our favorite campground year-round, in New Hampshire. Any comments about our Salem or similar Salems would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks very much!
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I can tell you...thats hogwash!
I have a very similar model to yours...and it's GREAT!
No leaks here! Not slideouts, not seams, not anything. The quality of the trailer is much better than my previous Keystone Outback. (which I loved...but it was also a lightweight trailer) We are completely in love with our SALEM PT.

Rest easy...I'm sure you'll be happy. Any issues I had were completely minor.
Welcome to the group!

There are many SALEMS in our seasonal campground. I've talked with a few, and they also love their trailers. Good luck with yours!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #3

Thanks very much for the input! We actually looked at your model. It's beautiful, especially the big windows at the front, but it didn't meet our needs of having one queen bedroom at each end.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #4

we have a wildwood, same as salem , different name from FR

we have only had minor problems. have had no leaks with roof, slides, or seams to this point. we do apply the slide lubricant and seal lube each time we use the slides

only problem we have had is the temp control to water heater and the support leg to our dinnette table, both replaced free under warranty.

we are happy with our trailer so far.

enjoy
Old 08-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist

My new Rockwood wasn't flawless.

The kitchen table was so close to the wall the day/night shades wouldn't come down all the way. There was sawdust in the cabinets that wasn't cleaned up and some sort of adheisive in several spots on the vinyl floor.

I could go on, but all the little "dings" give me the opportunity to out in the backyard and tinker with my new 5th wheel! Everything I have found to be not to my liking I have fixed with ordinary home owner tools in 10 minites or less.

I like camping, I like tinkering with the camper. I'm happy.

Relax!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Just to be fair...
I've purchased 3 brand new RV's in the past.
All 3 were different brands.
All 3 had sawdust everywhere, tiny metal frags here & there...and an occasional screw laying around.
All of them also came with something leaking water. (the Keystone was the worst)
This Salem only had one thing leaking...it was the shower door threshold. Water was getting under it because of a bad putty job. I fixed it myself very quickly.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem