Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #1

2009 Salem LE 26TBUD (Newbie) Should I get this?

I've been offered a 2009 26TBUD at $17500 with hitch. I'm assuming its a pretty good deal.

I will be hauling it w/ my Hummer H2.

I will be using to following the entire Vans Warped Tour w/ three of my employees (hence the need for 3 bunks). We have a tent for our record label at several of these traveling tours.

I can't seem to find any information on the 26TBUD or any owners.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this?

I will be out w/ two 18 year olds and a 20 year old, so maint. needs to be very limited.

Is this something I'm going to have to work a lot of bugs out of ? I keep seeing alot of threads w/ water problems.

Any thoughts?

Thx everyone!
JamesDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #2

Your hummer may not be heavy duty enough to tow with as so do your home work. I would say another grand or so. As price gos it looks preaty good jus make sure it is the floor plan you want if it is not I would pass .
hail chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #3

Just looked up your camper nice rig is there enough room to make the beds in the bunk house just a thought.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #4

They insured me the h2 could haul it since it was 5800 dry weight. The 17.5 includes tax and hitch, they had already come down from the initial 17 just for the trailer. You still think I should try to come down?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #5

For the guys coming w/, there will be enough room. We will be out all day and just coming back to crash. Most of these guys are used to tour bus size coffins to sleep in, so it should be ok. More concerned about what I have read about Forest River, it seems as though the Hornet and Heartland are made of better quality and don't have a lot of kinks to work out. Is FR comparable to those two other brands?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #6

What I found is the main thing is if you up grade to a higher model you get glass doors and granit countrer tops all of witch I do not need to just crash in. So for the money you get the best rig if I forty pay grand for one it is not going to do me any good just to sleep in .JMO
Old 04-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #7

How did you like it..
Semling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbud, salem